Thanks Meter: 1,319

By sceryavuz, Senior Member on 8th March 2020, 05:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th March 2020, 10:55 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by al_mat

Is Safetynet issue happening if root a custom rom? Or any custom rom including without root?

As long as Bootloader is unlocked, SafetyNet will be tripped
12th March 2020, 01:14 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I have the same issue, chrome dont work...
The Following User Says Thank You to bmgfreire For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bmgfreire Ad-Free
12th March 2020, 06:02 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by protonmo

A looong time ago on my Nexus 4 and 5 there was an app name BootUnlocker that allowed to lock and unlock the bootloader without wipes neither restarts. It was very useful on those times before SafetyNet when the banking apps did a simple bootloader status check. I wonder if something similar would be possible on newer phones.
12th March 2020, 07:51 PM |#24  
Flag Srinagar
Thanks Meter: 176

More
There used to be an unlock method on locked bootloaders called Bump. I remember doing it on my LG E975 back then. Maybe something like that'll see a "resurrection" now. 🧐🧐
13th March 2020, 02:51 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 3,345

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nri_tech1183

I have unrooted my phone aka removed magisk completely but seems safetynet check fails on root checking apps.

Seems this time google fked it very hard this time....
Can Unlock bootloader also trigger safetynet check?

All apps working fine except Ola cab app. It keeps saying since this week:

FAILURE! SORRY SOMETHING WENT WRONG PLEASE TRY AGAIN.

or

THE OLA APP IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR USE ON THIS DEVICE.

Its a sheer shame that Gpay and banking apps are working without issues and this Ola apps refuses to. I tried clear data, uninstall reboot bla bla and even tried Dec 2019 version but same issues.

Can someone comment on some help here....

It seems that at the moment for your case, you will only be able to get those things working with a locked bootloader.

However, I have a Mi8, I reinstalled the standard stable stock rom, along with Orange Fox, and Magisk. Although I fail CTS. Netflix still works.
13th March 2020, 03:09 AM |#26  
Flag Brazilian Polinesia
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by protonmo

Not exactly, I have a tablet, lg g pad 8.3, Lineage nougat not rooted, and pass safetynet.
13th March 2020, 05:38 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by al_mat

Not exactly, I have a tablet, lg g pad 8.3, Lineage nougat not rooted, and pass safetynet.

It really depends on whether Google wants to enforce it or not.
The correct way to implement SafetyNet checks is to ask "Google Servers" directly, instead of reading device cached status.
If the app you're using verifies SafetyNet status on their servers, there's no way that SafetyNet will pass after Google implemented this new SafetyNet approach.

Also, if the device you're using does not comes with a Secure Enclave or TEE, to prevent false positive, google might not enforced strict SafetyNet checks on those devices.
The Following User Says Thank You to protonmo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift protonmo Ad-Free
13th March 2020, 02:18 PM |#28  
Flag Hannover
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swierk

First of all - what shows Magisk (20.3) SafetyNet pass it's not quite real at the moment - it can display OK but you don't pay with shops
The real state shows only SafetyNet checker from Play Store.

HiddenCore 1.7
and all was OK but screen issue
Help, ideas wanted...

Sent from OnePlus 7 Pro, OxygenOS 10.0.3, TWRP 3.3.1-75, Magisk 20.3, EdXposed 0.4.6.1 (build 4510), Modded Play Store 16.5.15, android core.java patched with LP and SafetyNet pass OK

Hi try this version

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...1&postcount=80
13th March 2020, 07:09 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by katerpanne

Hi try this version

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...1&postcount=80

Very very thanks man!!!

BTW... This is newest 1.7 patched?

Sent from OnePlus 7 Pro, OxygenOS 10.0.3, TWRP 3.3.1-75, Magisk 20.3, EdXposed 0.4.6.1 (build 4513), Modded Play Store 16.5.15, android core.java patched and SafetyNet pass OK
14th March 2020, 02:14 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter the Great

Yeah it does say that it passed but I guess Nintendo is super smart because when I launch Mario Kart Tour it says "An error has occurred" and gives a useless support code. Before the patch, I could play Mario kart tour for about 10 seconds and then the game would eternally freeze and play the same soundtrack on loop forever even when leaving the app. You needed to clear it from RAM to get rid of the sound. With this patch, can't even load past the loading screen. Anyways I think it's because Nintendo is detecting the Xposed Framework, and maybe Netflix doesn't check for this and that's why it's working

Thanks anyways, it'll work for some apps but not all, guess I'll have to hope the Magisk team can figure out what Google did.

@Peter the Great
I was having the same problem and I thought it was a SafteyNet thing as well. It ended up being that Mario Kart Tour was scanning my storage and found my TWRP folder. I renamed the folder and Mario Kart Tour works fine again. I am betting it also scans for other words like Magisk, Xposed, etc so you might need to rename a couple files if just renaming the TWRP folder does not work
The Following User Says Thank You to Rb0935 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rb0935 Ad-Free
14th March 2020, 02:47 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rb0935

@Peter the Great
I was having the same problem and I thought it was a SafteyNet thing as well. It ended up being that Mario Kart Tour was scanning my storage and found my TWRP folder. I renamed the folder and Mario Kart Tour works fine again. I am betting it also scans for other words like Magisk, Xposed, etc so you might need to rename a couple files if just renaming the TWRP folder does not work

You're a life saver sir. Renamed the TWRP folder and used Magisk Hide and now it works! You don't know how happy I am right now!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
basicintegrity, ctsprofile, magisk, safetynet bypass

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)