FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Samsung Pay and Magisk

564 posts
Thanks Meter: 33

By hkbladelawhk, Senior Member on 20th August 2017, 08:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Has anyone gotten Samsung Pay to work with Magisk? I've got it installed as a gear plugin and safetynet passes. However, somehow Samsung Pay still detects root, even though it's hidden in magisk hide.

25th August 2017, 03:28 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 116

More
Same. Then this droidx program protecting pay app

Sent from my SM-N910V using XDA-Developers Legacy app
25th August 2017, 02:23 PM |#3  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 276

More
Try the universal safteynet net module
The Following User Says Thank You to candiesdoodle For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift candiesdoodle Ad-Free
25th August 2017, 03:51 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Is your Knox tripped? Samsung Pay might check that independently of the root-status of your phone.
25th August 2017, 04:09 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Phoenix, AZ

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grymkmb

Is your Knox tripped? Samsung Pay might check that independently of the root-status of your phone.

I'm on an LG
25th August 2017, 06:01 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I've got the same issue with galaxy tab 3
I got warranty bit warning was showing on the boot screen, so I'm pretty sure I triggered Knox. The reason I was using magisk was to prevent this issue, but I guess Google figured out how to detect its presence. I downloaded a fresh copy of the firmware, which will cause Knox to reset but it also factory resets the tablet. I will still use magisk on my new s8+ phone. I hope magisk will work more effectively to where I can use exposed and its modules. After jellybean, magisk wasn't able to allow exposed to be used because of the way Android sets up its environment to execute apps. Hopefully soon a work around will be accomplished especially since Oreo is coming to my two devices by the end of the year, I guess if not sooner.
26th August 2017, 08:45 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Same problem here; Magisk works but Samsung pay won't work
26th August 2017, 08:58 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Phoenix, AZ

More
Even tried freezing magisk. Though still no go must be detecting something.
26th August 2017, 09:11 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 366

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkbladelawhk

Has anyone gotten Samsung Pay to work with Magisk? I've got it installed as a gear plugin and safetynet passes. However, somehow Samsung Pay still detects root, even though it's hidden in magisk hide.

I tried the same thing but couldn't make it work. I think it is due to the fact that the "System Status" is custom (or modified) since magisk modifies the "boot" partition, and that you probably installed a custom recovery to install magisk. That's why OTA also don't work without first flashing back the original boot and recovery images. I don't have an LG to verify that the "System Status" appears on those.

If it does, what could be tried is to install xposed and a module that fakes the system status (if you've got marshmallow or before)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenday4

I got warranty bit warning was showing on the boot screen, so I'm pretty sure I triggered Knox. The reason I was using magisk was to prevent this issue, but I guess Google figured out how to detect its presence. I downloaded a fresh copy of the firmware, which will cause Knox to reset but it also factory resets the tablet. I will still use magisk on my new s8+ phone. I hope magisk will work more effectively to where I can use exposed and its modules. After jellybean, magisk wasn't able to allow exposed to be used because of the way Android sets up its environment to execute apps. Hopefully soon a work around will be accomplished especially since Oreo is coming to my two devices by the end of the year, I guess if not sooner.

Sorry, once knox is tripped there is no going back. However, installing Magisk fools the phone into thinking knox is still untriggerred (0x0). By reflashing the original firmware, what you did is restore the "boot" partition that was modified by magisk. By doing that, your phone should get back its "official status", allowing OTA. However, Knox will stay tripped. Anyway, Knox does little... and is only used by samsung softwares.
26th August 2017, 09:40 PM |#10  
Flag Germany
Thanks Meter: 67

More
There is nothing that we can do about it because Samsung Pay checks the tripped status on kernel level so it's impossible.
The Following User Says Thank You to Iradj For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Iradj Ad-Free
26th August 2017, 10:13 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Phoenix, AZ

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iradj

There is nothing that we can do about it because Samsung Pay checks the tripped status on kernel level so it's impossible.

Booo!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)