FORUMS

Santander app is not working on custom ROM or root device

33 posts
Thanks Meter: 5
 
By RRFERA, Member on 24th May 2018, 12:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi Guys!

I've been following the topic about the TEZ app and I have a similar problem with Santander app. When I used the Android N with SuperSU, Santander has worked and still works today in my old S7. When I upgraded my Note 8 for Android Oreo the application didn't work anymore, not even open. I've tried a couple of 5 custom rom and none worked.

Last week I read the topic about TEZ and removed phone permission to the google phone play services and Santander ran until yesterday, but I lost the root in Magisk and restarted the Note 8 and the Santander didn't open more. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Magisk and Santander and not solved.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
24th May 2018, 01:22 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,131
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRFERA

Hi Guys!

I've been following the topic about the TEZ app and I have a similar problem with Santander app. When I used the Android N with SuperSU, Santander has worked and still works today in my old S7. When I upgraded my Note 8 for Android Oreo the application didn't work anymore, not even open. I've tried a couple of 5 custom rom and none worked.

Last week I read the topic about TEZ and removed phone permission to the google phone play services and Santander ran until yesterday, but I lost the root in Magisk and restarted the Note 8 and the Santander didn't open more. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Magisk and Santander and not solved.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I'll Try To Make a Module For Santander App Like Tez Hider But I Need Firstly To Get the Following
- Full Logcat
- A Copy Of App
24th May 2018, 01:27 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer(3MF)

I'll Try To Make a Module For Santander App Like Tez Hider But I Need Firstly To Get the Following
- Full Logcat
- A Copy Of App

Thanks! But I dont know how to do full logcat and copy app. Can you help me?
24th May 2018, 01:33 PM |#4  
Didgeridoohan's Avatar
Forum Moderator / Developer Relations
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 9,819
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRFERA

Thanks! But I dont know how to do full logcat and copy app. Can you help me?

I've tested the UK app, and all I need to do for it to start is to add it to the Hide list. Nothing else... If I don't, it complains about root and doesn't start. It looks like a very simple root detection.
24th May 2018, 01:35 PM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didgeridoohan

I've tested the UK app, and all I need to do for it to start is to add it to the Hide list. Nothing else... If I don't, it complains about root and doesn't start. It looks like a very simple root detection.

I did it and not solve! Santander is add to the Hide list in Magisk!
24th May 2018, 01:41 PM |#6  
Didgeridoohan's Avatar
Forum Moderator / Developer Relations
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 9,819
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRFERA

I did it and not solve! Santander is add to the Hide list in Magisk!

I got that, all I'm saying is that it's possible to hide root from the app... And that the root detection doesn't seem that sophisticated.

There might be something about your ROM that you're using. Do you pass SafetyNet, and does all checks in Rootbeer Sample return ok if you add it to the Hide list?
24th May 2018, 01:52 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,131
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRFERA

Thanks! But I dont know how to do full logcat and copy app. Can you help me?

As For Logcat, Send The Full Logcat Of Santander Via One Of The Following Methods
-----> Download Terminal Emulator From PlayStore & Write logcat | grep santander > log.txt
-----> Download Logcat Extreme (Or Catlog) From PlayStore
-----> Write adb logcat -d > log.txt For ADB

As For Santander App, Send Its Link On Google PlayStore


---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRFERA

I did it and not solve! Santander is add to the Hide list in Magisk!

- Did You Install BusyBox/Xposed? And If So, Disable/Uninstall BusyBox/Xposed --> Reboot
- Check The SafetyNet From Magisk Manager, PlayStore Device Certification Status & Netflix From PlayStore
24th May 2018, 07:11 PM |#8  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
I have same problems to logcat....

See the pic

Santander app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....santander.app

I dont have BusyBox and Xposed, have SafetyNet green, and my google play is not certificated (i dont know how!).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180524-094513_RootBeer Sample.jpg
Views:	1140
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	4509080   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180524_150346.jpg
Views:	1116
Size:	249.8 KB
ID:	4509081  
24th May 2018, 07:19 PM |#9  
Didgeridoohan's Avatar
Forum Moderator / Developer Relations
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 9,819
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRFERA

I have same problems to logcat....

See the pic

Santander app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....santander.app

I dont have BusyBox and Xposed, have SafetyNet green, and my google play is not certificated (i dont know how!).

I can't get that one to trigger at all... And I can't test much since I'm not a customer.

According to Rootbeer you do have busybox, so maybe it comes with the ROM. Check for that.

And, since the app is asking for phone permissions, have you also added the phone to the Hide list? That works for some of these apps...
24th May 2018, 07:37 PM |#10  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didgeridoohan

I can't get that one to trigger at all... And I can't test much since I'm not a customer.

According to Rootbeer you do have busybox, so maybe it comes with the ROM. Check for that.

And, since the app is asking for phone permissions, have you also added the phone to the Hide list? That works for some of these apps...

I dont understand, caus Rootbeer show busybox binary X.

And phone is add ti the Hide list.

I dont know why my Note 8 have play store uncertified.
24th May 2018, 07:50 PM |#11  
Didgeridoohan's Avatar
Forum Moderator / Developer Relations
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 9,819
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRFERA

I dont understand, caus Rootbeer show busybox binary X.

That means that Rootbeer is detecting busybox. All the green check marks mean that that particular sign of your device being rooted was not found.

Quote:

I dont know why my Note 8 have play store uncertified.

If you can pass SafetyNet, clear data for the Play Store and possibly reboot. After that the status should be certified, but it might take a while for it to show.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes