Post Reply Email Thread
1st January 2020, 05:35 AM |#211  
Flag Iasi
Thanks Meter: 11

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr0ubles0me

No need to use AdAway, just clone Santander UK in a sandbox environment with an app called Island. I don't think you would even need MagiskHide by doing it in this way, I've got it hidden from my previous attempts anyway.

I installed the program ISLAND..I have cloned the application, but I do not know what to do next. Does your bank's application work with the latest version of the application without detecting the root?
1st January 2020, 06:21 AM |#212  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalul

I installed the program ISLAND..I have cloned the application, but I do not know what to do next. Does your bank's application work with the latest version of the application without detecting the root?

When I cloned the app, another Santander icon appeared on my screen and it has a small emblem that resembles a briefcase, indicating that it is using the work profile of your Android OS. You should have it in your app drawer as well. Just start the Santander app from it, not from the original icon.

I've got the latest version of Santander Mobile Banking UK, and the latest version of Island, which I believe is listed on Play Store as an early access app.

Sent from my LeEco Le Max 2 using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to tr0ubles0me For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tr0ubles0me Ad-Free
5th January 2020, 02:16 AM |#213  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

When I cloned the app, another Santander icon appeared on my screen and it has a small emblem that resembles a briefcase, indicating that it is using the work profile of your Android OS. You should have it in your app drawer as well. Just start the Santander app from it, not from the original icon.

I've got the latest version of Santander Mobile Banking UK, and the latest version of Island, which I believe is listed on Play Store as an early access app.

Sent from my LeEco Le Max 2 using XDA Labs

Hi, I tried this method, I even see the small emblem but the app still won't work, any hints?
9th April 2020, 05:20 PM |#214  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Can someone help me get santander app working with magisk on LineageOS? I have hidden the manager, and hidden root to the santander app. I've done the hiding of the app before launching it. Cleared it's data, uninstalled & reinstalled etc but I have never had it working.

My magisk is up to date.

I have a logcat here (edit, not allowed to post url.)

its pastebin com MAayZRiv
9th April 2020, 05:44 PM |#215  
Thanks Meter: 194

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob584656

Can someone help me get santander app working with magisk on LineageOS? I have hidden the manager, and hidden root to the santander app. I've done the hiding of the app before launching it. Cleared it's data, uninstalled & reinstalled etc but I have never had it working.

My magisk is up to date.

I have experienced this issue many times across many roms. you are following the correct procedures to hide the app but it simply will not work on some roms and will work fine on others. Currently i am using Miui stable rom on my phone and it works via hiding in the usual ways but on custom roms it only works on about 2 out of 12 roms available for my phone. Its just a case of finding a rom it will work with . Trial and error. By the way the rom developers dont seem to care about fixing issues with a single app in my experience.
9th April 2020, 07:58 PM |#216  
Thanks Meter: 1,319

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob584656

My magisk is up to date.

After a recent update to the Santander app, I've had no success in getting it to work consistently. (It was fine for months before).

I decided to try using the phone's browser with the online banking website. Since Santander has changed the website login procedure, it's now easy to do everything I used the app for. Now there's no need to hide Magisk or block servers etc .
22nd May 2020, 02:56 PM |#217  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:

No need to use AdAway, just clone Santander UK in a sandbox environment with an app called Island. I don't think you would even need MagiskHide by doing it in this way, I've got it hidden from my previous attempts anyway.

Thanks, used the same method and Santander app now works on MIUI 12 on Redmi MI9T
22nd May 2020, 07:33 PM |#218  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seblog

Thanks, used the same method and Santander app now works on MIUI 12 on Redmi MI9T

Glad I could help, mate

By the way, I recently updated to LineageOS 17.1, did NOT rooted the device, and initially Santander App worked out of the box as expected, I did not need Island, no problems whatsoever. But, today the app updated itself and the new version doesn't work - root detected although I'm not rooted. So I had no other option but to use Island again and something strange happened.

While Island was setting up my work profile, it crashed (a message popped up on my screen that Island has stopped) in the middle of the process. Android system continued with the work profile setup and eventually finished succesfully, but I was left with a bad feeling that the process didn't go perfectly. At the end everything is working, work profile and Santander.

Just wanted to ask if something similar happened to you?

Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)