FORUMS

Tanix tx3 mini Magisk hide not working

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By junior87_09, Junior Member on 5th April 2019, 09:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
hi guys,

i write you to have a support about magisk hide, on my Tanix Tx3 with firmware Build version: 20181210.
In particular i have installed magisk on my device with TWRP to hide the root permission at some application but this dosn't work correctly.
To hide the root permission on magisk I have make following steps:

to[LIST][*] installed magisk with TWRP[*] activated "magisk hide" from setting of magisk manager and then i have reboot the device;[*] inserted on section "migisk hide" the application "root checker" and then i have reboot the device;[*] checked with root checker application if magisk hide the root but the application (root checker) has detected root permissions
[/ LIST]

Furthemore, I tried to activated magisk hide from terminal emulator with "props" module but when i tried to verify the root permission on root check the result is the same.

in attach you can find the log by magisk, if it can help you to solve the problem

thanks lot
5th April 2019, 10:37 AM |#2  
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 9,417

Donate to Me
More
First thing to try is repackaging the Manager with a random name (it's in the Manager settings). More things to look at: https://www.didgeridoohan.com/magisk...root_from_apps

And:
https://www.didgeridoohan.com/magisk...iskHide_Issues

And you'll have to upload your log some other way, since you can't attach files with so few posts.
26th March 2020, 02:27 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Tanix TX3-H factory root hide?
I have Tanix TX3-H factory root device... It allows you to root device in android simply check option allow root...
So I installed magisk... Done all steps to hide root...
Even i hide it from playstore, playssrvices and framework...
So how to find that root access and hide it... Because here is not magisk problem.. Here is factory stock firmware root option.. If anybody have knowledge and expirience with stock root how to locate it and add it in magisk to hide...
26th March 2020, 06:16 PM |#4  
Forum Moderator

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMan_86

I have Tanix TX3-H factory root device... It allows you to root device in android simply check option allow root...
So I installed magisk... Done all steps to hide root...
Even i hide it from playstore, playssrvices and framework...
So how to find that root access and hide it... Because here is not magisk problem.. Here is factory stock firmware root option.. If anybody have knowledge and expirience with stock root how to locate it and add it in magisk to hide...

There's nothing Magisk can do about that. You would have to remove the built-in root.

How? No idea... If you're lucky @osm0sis' unSU script will work (all depends on how it's rooted):
https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...3/post63615067
The Following User Says Thank You to Didgeridoohan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Didgeridoohan Ad-Free
26th March 2020, 08:20 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didgeridoohan

There's nothing Magisk can do about that. You would have to remove the built-in root.

How? No idea... If you're lucky @osm0sis' unSU script will work (all depends on how it's rooted):
https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...3/post63615067

It have system root option built in... So must be some way some sistem app that when is hidden by magisk will stop that...
26th March 2020, 08:30 PM |#6  
Forum Moderator

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

It have system root option built in... So must be some way some sistem app that when is hidden by magisk will stop that...

That's not how MagiskHide works. Magisk can't hide apps, it only hides itself from other apps and services.
26th March 2020, 08:32 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didgeridoohan

That's not how MagiskHide works. Magisk can't hide apps, it only hides itself from other apps and services.

There is option HIDE... And you can hide root from various apps.. Even from root checker

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk
26th March 2020, 08:41 PM |#8  
Forum Moderator

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

There is option HIDE... And you can hide root from various apps.. Even from root checker

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

Yes there is, but again:

Magisk can only hide itself, it's own root and modules and the Manager. NOT any other root or other apps. Period.
The Following User Says Thank You to Didgeridoohan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Didgeridoohan Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)