Tez app is not working on custom ROM or root device

Search This thread

riyaz3d

Jun 14, 2010
Works like a charm

thank you

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 PM ----------

[MODULE] Tez Hider (Trial/Beta Version)

Introduction:
Simple Module For Hiding The Root From Tez [Google Mobile Payments Service For India].

Current Version: 0.1.2

Thanks To:
- charlessxavier
- prakashait9

Created: Apr.18.2018
Updated: May.18.2018

Download Link: Attached

Installation:
- Magisk Manager --> Modules --> Add (+) --> Choose The Downloaded File --> Reboot
- Or Flash It With TWRP Recovery

Magisk Hide:
- Tez Will Be Added Automatically To The List Of Magisk Hide
- Some Apps Will Be Added Automatically To The List Of Magisk Hide Such As Google Play Services, Google Play Store, Phone Apps & Phone Services

Recommendation:
- In-Case Of Using SuperSu with Magisk, Uninstall SuperSu (Maybe SuperSu Causes Problems To Magisk Hide)
- Clear Data&Cache Of Tez

In-Case Of Failure Of Passing Tez Test: Kindly Send Your Answer For The Following
- Did You Try The Latest Update Of TezHider4Magisk?
- Did You Add Tez To The List Of Magisk Hide?
- Did You Clear Data&Cache Of Tez --> Reboot --> Try Again?
- Did You Try To Hide Magisk Manager (Magisk Manager --> Settings --> Hide Magisk Manager)?
- Which Version Of Magisk Do You Use?
- Do You Use An Official ROM (Stock/Custom)?
- Is Your PlayStore Device Certification Status, Certified?
- Did Your Phone Pass The SafetyNet?
- Do You Use Any Other Rooting Tool Such As SuperSu with Magisk?
- Did You Try To Uninstall Magisk & Reinstall It Again?
- Did You Try To Install The Latest Version Of Magisk (Stable/Beta)?
- Did You Install BusyBox/Xposed? And If So, Disable/Uninstall BusyBox/Xposed -> Reboot --> Try Again
- Try This Module SELinuxModeInverter4Magisk
- Try To Disable Telephone Permission Of Google Play Services
- Install RootBeer Sample From PlayStore --> Open It --> Send Its Screenshots Before Adding This App To Magisk Hide & After Adding This App To Magisk Hide
- Full Logcat Is Required
- Install Terminal Emulator From PlayStore --> Open It --> Write su --> Click On Enter --> Write magiskhide --ls --> Click On Enter --> Send Its Screenshot
- Try This Alternative Solution Hide-Unhide MagiskSu Via Tasker

Click On Thanks Button If The Module/Post Is Useful (Dreamer(3MF))
>>> Sharing A Good Thought Is Gold <<<

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SELinux Mode Inverter - Microsoft Intune Company Portal Hider - Other Modules
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Works for me thank you... great job

Reactions: Dreamer(3MF)

Dreamer(3MF)

Mar 17, 2018
Simple Module For Hiding The Root From Tez [Google Mobile Payments Service For India].

Hi Mates,
Kindly Send Your Reply For The Following
- Is The Module Of TezHider4Magisk, Useful?
- Do You Want To Move This Module To A New Thread?

Reactions: mgh143

Ghost52367

Mar 18, 2017
Bro did you check by send money which module version and whats the procedure?
Yes, I sent money and received too. It's working.

Module version 0.1.2(v1500)
Magisk version 16.4
Rom Aex4.5
Device Zuk z2 plus

Flashed the module in magisk manager
Reboot
Cleared Tez Data + cache
Registered again without any trouble.

Attachments

• Screenshot_Magisk_Manager_20180523-110346.png
    Screenshot_Magisk_Manager_20180523-110346.png
    92.6 KB · Views: 116
  • PicsArt_05-23-11.10.00.png
    PicsArt_05-23-11.10.00.png
    146.5 KB · Views: 115

ruju902

May 23, 2018

Introduction:

Thanks To:
- charlessxavier
- prakashait9

Installation:
- Magisk Manager --> Modules --> Add (+) --> Choose The Downloaded File --> Reboot

Magisk Hide:
- Some Apps Will Be Added Automatically To The List Of Magisk Hide Such As Google Play Services, Google Play Store, Phone Apps & Phone Services

Recommendation:
- In-Case Of Using SuperSu with Magisk, Uninstall SuperSu (Maybe SuperSu Causes Problems To Magisk Hide)

In-Case Of Failure Of Passing Tez Test: Kindly Send Your Answer For The Following
- Did You Try To Hide Magisk Manager (Magisk Manager --> Settings --> Hide Magisk Manager)?
- Did You Install BusyBox/Xposed? And If So, Disable/Uninstall BusyBox/Xposed -> Reboot --> Try Again
- Install RootBeer Sample From PlayStore --> Open It --> Send Its Screenshots Before Adding This App To Magisk Hide & After Adding This App To Magisk Hide
- Install Terminal Emulator From PlayStore --> Open It --> Write su --> Click On Enter --> Write magiskhide --ls --> Click On Enter --> Send Its Screenshot

Thank you for this.
Working fine for me.
Tez working perfectly.

Hide Tez in Magisk. (Magisk v.16.4)
Hide Magisk from settings in magisk.
TezHider4Magisk-v0.1.2(v1500)(3MF) <- I used this version
ResurrectionRemix v6.0.0-20180422 - OP3T

RRFERA

Nov 15, 2016
Hi guys! I have the same problem with Santander App.....last week i tried this solution (google playservices>disable phone permission) and works until yestarday, but today I lost root, restart my Note 8 and now Santander doenst work....I did the same sollution, clear data and cash in Santander, but dont work....any suggestion?

mgh143

Dec 18, 2012

Introduction:

Thanks To:
- charlessxavier
- prakashait9

Installation:

Magisk Hide:

Recommendation:

Thank you very much
Tez working perfectly.

Magisk v.16.4
TezHider4Magisk-v0.1.2(v1500)(3MF)
Disable phone permission in Google play services
Asus ZenFone Max (ZO10D)
Rom: Minimax 5 Pure

Dreamer(3MF)

Mar 17, 2018
So no one has tried this on magisk 16.4?

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

You are probably right!

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

i didn't install module. Just hide play service, playstore, phone, phone and message stor..., phone services, tez in Magisk hide. Then disable telephone permission in play services before opening tez. Can transfer with this method

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

Nope, I didn't!
Will update after trying this

---------- Post added at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

No i didn't use the module and i didn't hide play services and other services. I just used the official magisk v16. And used magisk hide to hide tez.
I changed my rom from ABC to AIM, tez works on this too. Maybe tez updated with less strict policy for custom roms or Maybe It is your rom's prb. I'm not sure. try updating ur os and tez, hope it works just like that:good:.

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

Flashing Latest Magisktez Hide module didnt solved the Problem, But Disabling Telephone Permission in Google Play services solved & Logged in to TEZ easily.

Thanks...

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

Those who facing issue of permission after disabling telephony permission can try my method , in my method we are downgrading & again restoring updated new play services . It's been week , no errors at all . Method posted at previous pages .

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

This is my story :
When I started searching for solution on internet, I found that people were able to use Tez after downgrading Google Play Services.
So I figured out that Tez is not checking for root, but Google Play Services is.
So I disabled all permissions for Google Play Services, registered Tez and voila it worked.
But keeping all permissions disabled for Google Play Services is really bad idea, so I had plan to enable all permissions using permutation and combination until I found out that which permissions are causing issue.
But to my relief, Tez suddenly started showing notification that it cannot run properly without Google Play Services permissions, and when I clicked on that notification, it showed that it wanted Google Play Services to have Telephone permission.
I enabled all permissions except that one and Eureka !

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

If I am having to disable the play services then what's the use of the module?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

Right. Infact we have many alternative for tez now like Whatsapp, phonepe, paytm & BHIM.

infact BHIM now provides better benefits than tez for referral and each payment.

I have stopped trying a solution for tez long ago

---------- Post added at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

There is no cashback for referrals & transactions in bhim

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

Please refer this thread. I have used this method and it works for me.

https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/tez-app-rooted-device-t3774189#post76555673

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

Whats the change log of new version? Thanks

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

How to downgrade play service

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

Try to disable play service app protect from settings see if works or not

---------- Post added at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

This is working. I so happy. :D:D

Can you also tell what is the use of telephone service?

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

Downgrade google play service to march built amd use magisk hide.. It worked for me (https://xdaforums.com/xiaomi-redmi-3s/help/tez-app-using-magisk-allso-t3775144) no solution yet !

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

Thanks man.downgrading worked.even without magisk hide enabled.so it has something to do with the way Google updated play services.

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

Can u share the APK of previous tez version which is working in new playstore service update.

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

Just now flashed du oreo on bacon tez is working without root!

Kindly Do The Following
1- Clear Data&Cache Of Tez
2- Enable Phone Permission Of Google Play Services
3- Download The Latest Update Of TezHider4Magisk (If You Did That Before 2 Days Ago, Download It Again) From This Post https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/tez-app-custom-rom-root-device-t3722018/post76270117
4- Flash The Latest Update Of TezHider4Magisk Then Reboot
5- Try To Transfer Money

Last edited:

Ajendra25

Oct 15, 2016
Vadodara
Not working when, (Tez can't be used on this device)
- Flashed latest zip
- Magisk Hide
- Enabled Telephone perm in Play Services

Transaction successful when,
- Disabled Telephone permission
- Flashed Latest zip
- Magisk Hide

Last edited:

Ghost52367

Mar 18, 2017
- Flashed latest zip
- Magisk Hide

- Flashed Latest zip
- Magisk Hide
Have you hided tez, phone, phone services and google play services in magisk? And clear the data of tez once after flashing the zip

Last edited:

Dreamer(3MF)

Mar 17, 2018
- Flashed latest zip
- Magisk Hide

- Flashed Latest zip
- Magisk Hide

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

Thank you very much
Tez working perfectly.

Magisk v.16.4
TezHider4Magisk-v0.1.2(v1500)(3MF)
Disable phone permission in Google play services
Asus ZenFone Max (ZO10D)
Rom: Minimax 5 Pure

Kindly Do The Following
3- Download The Latest Update Of TezHider4Magisk (If You Did That Before 2 Days Ago, Download It Again) From This Post https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/tez-app-custom-rom-root-device-t3722018/post76270117
5- Try To Transfer Money

Last edited:

Dreamer(3MF)

Mar 17, 2018
Hi guys! I have the same problem with Santander App.....last week i tried this solution (google playservices>disable phone permission) and works until yestarday, but today I lost root, restart my Note 8 and now Santander doenst work....I did the same sollution, clear data and cash in Santander, but dont work....any suggestion?

Kindly Make A New Thread For Santander App & I Will Discuss All Possibilities With You.

Reactions: RRFERA

Dreamer(3MF)

Mar 17, 2018
Try some other ROM. What device you're using,

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

Not working..... any other solution?

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

Try sending money to someone and let us know.. it worked as i posted before here. But then again same issue when i tried to send....

Kindly Do The Following
5- Try To Transfer Money

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts