FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Which feature is the most attractive of this mod ?

Battery+

273 Vote(s)
66.10%
Lag-

173 Vote(s)
41.89%

[Tweak][Magisk/System][All ARCH] Crossbreeder Lite - CrossBreeder for Android 5.0+

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By GuestK00129, Guest on 23rd April 2017, 04:14 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Description

This module is my port of Crossbreeder, the old version was designed for Android 4.4 and below. So if you try use it on Android 5.0 and above, you will have some problems with it.
But now I have fixed that problem, and have changed some of the script; which was out-of-date. I have also added some new features of my own.

Details

For those who want to know what is this mod for, here are the details:

Random/Frandom tweak

Remove /dev/random as it's blocking . Link it to non-blocking /dev/urandom. Since /dev/random is blocking and designed to protect us from Quantum alien cryptographers with mathematical certainty and urandom is non blocking pseudo-random device that most apps and OSs are using anyway and with Haveged running, is as secure anyway as it's very difficult to empty the entropy pool faster than Havege can replenish it. Pre ICS devices have a lot to gain with this but ICS+ devices show visible gains too.

Haveged/Entropy tweak

Modulate OS entropy levels for lag reduction ala Seeder. The whole OS reads either /dev/random or /dev/urandom and both need entropy. However this mod uses a completely different, lightweight and efficient random number generator called Havege . This sharply reduces cpu consumption and corresponding battery life loss compared to Seeder. It also does a better job at keeping entropy levels high hence your device is more responsive. It doesn't run in a CPU intensive loop either. The extend queue functionality has also been added to CrossBreeder. See here for another rationale favouring Havege compared to Rngd - ( Look for the limitations)

Fix "Only position independent executables (PIE) are supported" problem on Android 5.0+ device

Here is how to fix it :

1. Install the Hex Editor.

2. Open the file in Hex Editor.

3. Find the 17th number, if the number is 02, change it to 03.

4. Save the file, that's it !

[Add-on 1] Dynamic Z-RAM/LMK

This tweak will automatic find how much ram do you have, how much ram do you left, then according to these value to set zram/lmk size.

[Add-on 1] Dynamic Power Saving

Here is the original post, I found this feature in Feradroid v0.24

A little translate:

DynBS can significantly reduce power consumption without shutting down the main functionality of the Android device (such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, mobile Internet, screen brightness, background processes) by reducing unnecessary high-frequency CPU when not needed.

Magisk Busybox Restorer

This module will let the busybox can be used externally at Magisk v15+
By linking the busybox in /data/adb/magisk to /sbin

Only support Magisk v15+

Trouble Shooting

1. Stuck at the boot stage

---> Reboot again ---> Not work? ---> Flash it again to uninstall it.

2. Application keep crashing after installed this module

---> Just disable Dynamic LMK.

3. CTS Profile miss match

---> Enable all the ways that you can hide the magisk, if its not work, then you can try Universal SafetyNet Fix

4. Any problem about CPU frequency, like your device become so slow, or become warmer, etc.

---> Disable DynBS can fix the problem

5. How to open the setting menu?

---> Open terminal, and type "cbconf" can open it.

6. The phone shows the message of rebooting/turning off but after 30 mins ,the process is not finished

---> Try to forced shutdown

7. Busybox-ndk failed because of install CrossBreeder

---> Try to use mine busybox

This module only test on my HTC One M7 running latest Slim 7.1.2 with Magisk 15.3

Not tested with Android 8.0+ yet.

If you want to install any add-on, you must install the main mod first.

Credit

1. Crossbreeder ( https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2113150 ) - For most of files

2. FeraDroid Engine ( https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...imate-t3284421 ) - For the Governor Tweak

3. Dynamic Power Saving ( http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=620736&st=1120 )

Github Link
The Following 51 Users Say Thank You to GuestK00129 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GuestK00129 Ad-Free

23rd April 2017, 08:23 AM |#2  
Flag <-- in 'straya
Thanks Meter: 73

Donate to Me
More
I'm on Lineage OS, OnePlus 3T, Radioactive Kernel, and for some reason whenever I enable this module, it breaks Root (MagiskSU). I'm not sure if this is a known problem, but if not, now you know. ;P
23rd April 2017, 08:58 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Yea it breaks safetynet for me when I enabled it on magisk. Though for the mod itself that seems to be working great, don't know if it's placebo but I am noticing a little less "lag" on some apps.
23rd April 2017, 10:06 AM |#4  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Finally, was searching for any information on this module, and got nothing except the original. Any reason why it took so long for a thread to be created about it?
23rd April 2017, 10:54 AM |#5  
Flag <-- in 'straya

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by loocool2

Finally, was searching for any information on this module, and got nothing except the original. Any reason why it took so long for a thread to be created about it?

I messaged Rorsch about making a thread for their module a couple of days ago, so I assume the thought just didn't occur to them to make a thread. But now it's all good because there's a thread for it :P
GuestK00129
23rd April 2017, 12:07 PM |#6  

More
Breaks Root? Try this

ht#tps://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1nFPsNMRIiiYzlsbWxxazlPUkk <------- Remove #

Test on Slimroms 7.1.2 / HTC ONE M7
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
23rd April 2017, 01:18 PM |#7  
Flag <-- in 'straya

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorsch_X1

Breaks Root? Try this

ht#tps://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1nFPsNMRIiiYzlsbWxxazlPUkk <------- Remove #

Test on Slimroms 7.1.2 / HTC ONE M7

Seems to be working! Although it's not 100% stable, it's better than having a totally broken Root.
23rd April 2017, 02:05 PM |#8  
Flag Como
Thanks Meter: 218

More
This module gets me stuck in a strange bootloop everytime: I've tried 0.3a version some a week's ago and now with 0.8b. Phone seems to be booting, it passes Google splash screen, there's that little vibration that means the phone's booting right and then it gets stuck in there. Which logs should I provide to be helpful? Maybe last-kmsg?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using XDA Labs
23rd April 2017, 02:34 PM |#9  
Flag <-- in 'straya

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edoardotavecchio

This module gets me stuck in a strange bootloop everytime: I've tried 0.3a version some a week's ago and now with 0.8b. Phone seems to be booting, it passes Google splash screen, there's that little vibration that means the phone's booting right and then it gets stuck in there. Which logs should I provide to be helpful? Maybe last-kmsg?

Maybe... but we could just try something easier... ;P

What tweaks have you got? Like; are you using other Magisk modules? Have you changed your build.prop via an app like L Speed, or something like that? Have you made any kernel tweaks? What CPU governor are you using?

It sounds like something CB is trying to modify is conflicting with something else.
GuestK00129
23rd April 2017, 02:41 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edoardotavecchio

Maybe you have too many file in the /system or installed too many modules

It will take a lot of time on the mount stage

Send me your magisk log
23rd April 2017, 04:27 PM |#11  
Flag Como
Thanks Meter: 218

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nan0s7

Maybe... but we could just try something easier... ;P

What tweaks have you got? Like; are you using other Magisk modules? Have you changed your build.prop via an app like L Speed, or something like that? Have you made any kernel tweaks? What CPU governor are you using?

It sounds like something CB is trying to modify is conflicting with something else.

As tweaks, I've removed HEBF and LSpeed apps because I've had the same idea as you. As Magisk Modules, I've installed some camera and audio mods (Some very common mods for 5X: eis, 60fps libs, surround audio mod), Universal Deep Buffer remover, Selinux permissive script and Viper. The only one which modifies build.prop is EIS module. Does Crossbreeder modify build.prop too? Should I remove EIS in order to make this work?
As CPU governor, I'm using interactive (governor profile:Glasscannon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorsch_X1

Maybe you have too many file in the /system or installed too many modules

It will take a lot of time on the mount stage

Send me your magisk log

That's strange because usually it's very very fast, it takes something like 3-4 seconds after the vibration. Eith this module installed, I've tried to wait even 10 minutes without any success.
Now I'll retry and send you Magisk log.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
crossbreeder, tweak

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)