FORUMS

PetNoire's SafetyNet Spoofer! (Universal SafetyNet Fix mod)

56 posts
Thanks Meter: 51

Post Reply Email Thread
13th September 2018, 07:00 PM |#21  
Forum Moderator / Developer Relations
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 10,047

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetNoire

I wiped all partitions, installed lineage 15, installed magisk and enabled hide and it wouldn't pass basic at any point. Even still its never passed it without this module. It didn't even pass it on the clean install, before magisk

If it didn't pass basic integrity out of the box there's something in the ROM.

What is it that you're changing with the module now, to pass SafetyNet? The fingerprint props, I assume. And all the "dangerous props", I guess. I might add that all of those "dangerous props" that are included in this module are changed by default by MagiskHide, except for selinux.reload_policy. Does the module do anything else, currently?
13th September 2018, 07:05 PM |#22  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didgeridoohan

If it didn't pass basic integrity out of the box there's something in the ROM.

What is it that you're changing with the module now, to pass SafetyNet? The fingerprint props, I assume. And all the "dangerous props", I guess. I might add that all of those "dangerous props" that are included in this module are changed by default by MagiskHide, except for selinux.reload_policy. Does the module do anything else, currently?

Heh currently all it does is cause my phone to hang on the boot logo. I blame 4am andvetures in code for that.
But before I broke whatever I broke, that was about it

also do you know the difference between fingerprint and thumbprint? my stock rom had thumbprint props instead and they dont pass safetynet if i put it into the fingerprint entries

i modified it to support thumbprints too. its not fully working but i could pass basic integrity with my stock thumbprint, but ro.build.fingerprint seems to reset to lineage after being deleted

lmao update on the stuck boot situation: it was because a mac .DS_Store file got added to system. should probably look into turning those off.. i made a new version on my phone and it worked. zipped it, disabled it and flashed the zip and it stuck. so did 'diff -r' between the 2 and found it :3
14th September 2018, 02:13 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

Does it boot after disabling the module?
From twrp>advanced>terminal:

HTML Code:
Mount -o loop /data/adb/magisk.img /mnt
Touch /mnt/universal-safetynet-fix/disable
The reboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer(3MF)

In-Case Of Facing A Bootloop/Bootscreen Issue Due To Flashing A Module, Download CoreOnlyMode4Magisk From This Thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...dules-t3817366 Then Flash It Thru TWRP Recovery.

Sorry for the late reply.
I haven't tried the terminal command, but i did flashed the CporeOnlyMode4Magisk. It boots up, but (seems like) still the same. ctsProfile and basicInyegrity both results success (since before i flashed your mod), but the app "SafetyNet Test" results failed (SafetyNetApi.AttestationResult == false or empty payload)
14th September 2018, 04:12 AM |#24  
Flag Gothenburg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

also do you know the difference between fingerprint and thumbprint? my stock rom had thumbprint props instead and they dont pass safetynet if i put it into the fingerprint entries

i modified it to support thumbprints too. its not fully working but i could pass basic integrity with my stock thumbprint, but ro.build.fingerprint seems to reset to lineage after being deleted

Are you absolutely sure that the stock ROM doesn't have a fingerprint prop? What happens if you run:
Code:
getprop | grep fingerprint
As I've said before, as far as I know the cts profile only looks at ro.build.fingerprint. I did not think that basic integrity would be affected by prop values. What have you found by experimenting with the thumbprint? Do you mean that you only pass basic integrity if you alter the thumbprint props? What happens if you disable your module, do you fail both cts profile and basic integrity? So many questions, I know, but I'm a curious fella...

Also, like I said prevously, pretty much all of the "dangerous props" you're altering are already taken care of by MagiskHide. No need to do it again...

Lastly, if you're going to be providing the updated USNF module, could you at least alter it to not replace Magisk's Busybox? It's just a matter of removing the cp commands...
14th September 2018, 04:30 AM |#25  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didgeridoohan

Are you absolutely sure that the stock ROM doesn't have a fingerprint prop? What happens if you run:

Code:
getprop | grep fingerprint
As I've said before, as far as I know the cts profile only looks at ro.build.fingerprint. I did not think that basic integrity would be affected by prop values. What have you found by experimenting with the thumbprint? Do you mean that you only pass basic integrity if you alter the thumbprint props? What happens if you disable your module, do you fail both cts profile and basic integrity? So many questions, I know, but I'm a curious fella...

Also, like I said prevously, pretty much all of the "dangerous props" you're altering are already taken care of by MagiskHide. No need to do it again...

Lastly, if you're going to be providing the updated USNF module, could you at least alter it to not replace Magisk's Busybox? It's just a matter of removing the cp commands...

without the thumbprint, it fails both checks. with thumbprint it passes basicintegrity. i feel like there might still be ro.build.fingerprint but im really not excited about reflashing it to get one value.
as it stands now,
ro.build.fingerprint is resetting to the lineage one when i delete it.
ro.vendor.build.fingerprint and ro.buildimage.build.fingerprint are gone
ro.vendor.build.thumbprint and ro.buildimage.build.thumbprint are both the stock ones from my phone
passing basic but not cts, as expected for for lineage fingerprint.
tried deleting ro.build.fingerprint with ro.build.thumbprint and it readded fingerprint.
i tried setting ro.build.fingerprint to the stock thumbprint value and it gave the same results

i have no idea why i didnt get rid of all the duplicates while i was getting rid of everything else. next version i guess

planning to get rid of the usnf file all together soon as long as no one is saying my other one exploded their phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to PetNoire For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PetNoire Ad-Free
14th September 2018, 05:24 AM |#26  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
just extracted my stock backup. build.prop has ro.build.thumbprint and no fingerprint, plus it is slightly different from the vendor thumbprint
14th September 2018, 09:24 AM |#27  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by winzzzzz

Sorry for the late reply.
I haven't tried the terminal command, but i did flashed the CporeOnlyMode4Magisk. It boots up, but (seems like) still the same. ctsProfile and basicInyegrity both results success (since before i flashed your mod), but the app "SafetyNet Test" results failed (SafetyNetApi.AttestationResult == false or empty payload)

to test it on another app, you have to make sure its checked on the magiskhide page in MM
14th September 2018, 09:36 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

to test it on another app, you have to make sure its checked on the magiskhide page in MM

Yes, i did made sure that they are checked on the MagiskHide.
1. Root checker says that my phone is not rooted. otherwise, the SafetyNet part says that it's failed: Your device is NOT compatible with SafetyNet. Details: SafetyNet request: Failed. CTS profile match: N/A. Basic Integrity: N/A.
2. SafetyNet `attest` replies "Success", SafetyNet response: CTS profile match: true. Basic Integrity: true.
3. SafetyNet Checker (which will show ads no matter what you do): only turning and turning and turning.
14th September 2018, 10:01 AM |#29  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by winzzzzz

Yes, i did made sure that they are checked on the MagiskHide.
1. Root checker says that my phone is not rooted. otherwise, the SafetyNet part says that it's failed: Your device is NOT compatible with SafetyNet. Details: SafetyNet request: Failed. CTS profile match: N/A. Basic Integrity: N/A.
2. SafetyNet `attest` replies "Success", SafetyNet response: CTS profile match: true. Basic Integrity: true.
3. SafetyNet Checker (which will show ads no matter what you do): only turning and turning and turning.

a lot of apps are just outdated too. the one in the newest magisk and SafetyNet `attest` use the new API
root checker uses the old safetynet so it cant be relied on, however the root check does work if you have it unchecked in magiskhide.

that "false or empty payload" message is a good indication that it's outdated

in short, sounds like its working perfectly. just need to make sure you use updated apps to check
14th September 2018, 10:54 AM |#30  
Flag Gothenburg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

just extracted my stock backup. build.prop has ro.build.thumbprint and no fingerprint, plus it is slightly different from the vendor thumbprint

The fingerprint prop isn't necessarily found in the build.prop file, so unfortunately the only sure way of knowing is to run the getprop command.
14th September 2018, 01:26 PM |#31  
Flag Port Talbot
Thanks Meter: 165

More
Here's an odd one for you....

S9+ Running Unofficial PixelExperience GSI Pie - If I flash this via Magisk, then I pass SafetyNet (Previously failed ctsprofile), however my screen brightness goes down extremely low.
I've disabled the module and rebooted and I fail ctsProfile again but brightness is restored.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
magisk safetynet 17 bypass spoof magiskhide

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)