WiFi problems caused by Magisk ?

Search This thread

cl0g

Jan 4, 2016
Hi guys,

i tried some Roms for my op3 (sultans 14.1 / OOS OB) and always got WiFi problems, when installed Magisk + some modules. (Google Assistant Enabler and Dolby Atmos Lenovo with audiolib v4)
Running Magisk alone, it did not has problems. Also it seems that the problems came with Android 7, but unsure.

Could only be fixed by clean flashing the rom (dirty flashing and uninstalling Magisk did not help).

Someone can explain, how it is possible?

kmsg was something like wifi couldnt suspend device, and did a random reboot. before it rebooted it could not connect to any WiFi-network.

if needed, i can add some more complete logs ;)

Code:
[  324.876840] PM: Some devices failed to suspend, or early wake event detected
[  325.063045] legacy_suspend(): wiphy_suspend+0x0/0x68 returns -11

Last edited:

tech_head

Hi guys,

i tried some Roms for my op3 (sultans 14.1 / OOS OB) and always got WiFi problems, when installed Magisk + some modules. (Google Assistant Enabler and Dolby Atmos Lenovo with audiolib v4)
Running Magisk alone, it did not has problems. Also it seems that the problems came with Android 7, but unsure.

Could only be fixed by clean flashing the rom (dirty flashing and uninstalling Magisk did not help).

kmsg was something like wifi couldnt suspend device, and did a random reboot. before it rebooted it could not connect to any WiFi-network.

Code:

Remove all modules and reboot into recovery.
Wipe caches and reboot.
I have found that I can end up with WiFi, Bluetooth, SIM issue if something happens with the modules.
Before I figured out what it was, I was re-installing the ROM, etc.

Try just deleting the modules and wiping the caches and rebooting.

cl0g

Jan 4, 2016
@tech_head
Thanks for your answer, but this was unnecessary.
I did not ask for a solution to resolve this on my phone, but a explanation, how Magisk(+modules) mess with kernel/firmware or something.

If you read the whole post, then you would have seen, that it was fixed by clean flashing the Rom.
Thanks anyway.

Last edited:

tech_head

@tech_head
Thanks for your answer, but this was unnecessary.
I did not ask for a solution to resolve this on my phone, but a explanation, how Magisk(+modules) mess with kernel/firmware or something.

If you read the whole post, then you would have seen, that it was fixed by clean flashing the Rom.
Thanks anyway.

Hi,

I actually did read the whole post and was offering a solution that DID NOT require re-installing the ROM.
I'm not 100% sure why the problem persist but I have seen it affect Bluetooth, Wireless and SIM recognition.
Typically it happens after a reboot. Wiping the cache on my phone causes it more than 50% of the time if I don't disable modules first.

I don't know why it happens but you are right, removing Magisk does not solve the problem.
There is something corrupted in the data partition and the only way to clean that up is to remove the modules and wipe the cache or do what you proposed.

iHenry

Oct 14, 2008
Yakima, WA
I recently had the same problem. I'm currently trying to fix it without reinstalling. I've uninstalled all modules, cleared both caches and still no wifi and I'm getting random crashes. Has anyone found fix a reliable fix?

While posting, I tried resetting my network and everything started working again. If this happens again, I'll try that first.

BTW
Also, it happened after a failed installation of Crossfire and Tethering, both thru Magisk. Tethering actually installed but after the reboot, I've got no wifi. :(

mellus

Dec 4, 2007
I was able to fix the wifi problem by following this tutorial: https://************/root-razer-phone-fix-wifi-root/
But: JUST UNTIL INSTALLING TWRP INSTALLER. Until this step I got a working wifi (I am on Android Pie Custom rom). After flashing Magisk v18 or v19 same problem as before: No more wifi. Su installer does not work on my Razer Phone 1 ( failure while patching sepolicy, no permission ), so what to do? Any hints?

Best regards and thx in advance
Michael

gboybama

Nov 12, 2008
I was able to fix the wifi problem by following this tutorial: https://************/root-razer-phone-fix-wifi-root/
But: JUST UNTIL INSTALLING TWRP INSTALLER. Until this step I got a working wifi (I am on Android Pie Custom rom). After flashing Magisk v18 or v19 same problem as before: No more wifi. Su installer does not work on my Razer Phone 1 ( failure while patching sepolicy, no permission ), so what to do? Any hints?

Best regards and thx in advance
Michael

Ugh. I'm having the same issues after upgrading to canary channel Magisk 20.4 on my Razer Phone 2. My WiFi was rock solid on the previous version, but for some reason my WiFi now flashes on and off like a strobe. Weirdly, it doesn't seem to have the issue at my house, but it constantly craps the bed at my work. The work connection is 5Ghz and my home one is 2.4Ghz, so that could be a difference. However, before my attempted upgrade, both worked perfectly.

I tried uninstalling my Magisk modules, flashing the Razer stock boot image, wiped Dalvik cache, flashed Arter/TWRP boot image, Arter kernel zip, Magisk 20.3 stable and reactivating modules. No change at all. WiFi is still garbage.

Are you telling me I'm going to have to flash the entire stock image and wipe my phone to get back full functionality?

NEOVerse!XChara

Feb 5, 2023
Xiaomi Redmi 8
im having the same problem, on miui i tried tp downrage magisk, that worked. currebtly searchin best way to downrage cause i forgot what i did. but if anyone stuck at this problem:

Without data wiping (luck method):
Remove modules
Reboot into recovery
wipe caches
reboot
done

Downrage magisk (maybe not fix):
Uninstall ALL modules
Delete Magisk from the app
flash downrage magisk
(eg. uninstall 24.1, install 23.0)
wipe caches
reboot
done

Data wiping (i forgot about should we flash magisk via magisk app with recovery mod on, if this dont work try enabling recovery mode):
Just Re-install Magisk via recovery
Clean everything BUT leave boot not wiped
flash rom WITHOUT boot
let it 10-30 minutes booting
go to recovery
flash rom's stock boot
reboot
finish rom's installation
install MAGISK APP
confirm additional installation
reboot
done

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

Code:

Remove all modules and reboot into recovery.
    Wipe caches and reboot.
    I have found that I can end up with WiFi, Bluetooth, SIM issue if something happens with the modules.
    Before I figured out what it was, I was re-installing the ROM, etc.

Try just deleting the modules and wiping the caches and rebooting.