FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Announcement] MX Player officially gets AC-3 Audio Support

2,013 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,013

By Thirumalai.K, Recognized Contributor on 11th April 2017, 08:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
MX Player team is very happy to announce that we are now adding “AC-3” audio support in our latest version of the app (i.e. MX Player v1.8.17 & MX Player Pro v1.8.16) in most of the regions.

If you have video files with “AC-3” audio, you can now play it without using any third-party / unofficial custom codecs…!

There are no extra efforts required on your end. Just relaunch the app again with working internet. Once, MX Player configuration is updated on your device, it will automatically start working again…!
The Following 85 Users Say Thank You to Thirumalai.K For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Thirumalai.K Ad-Free

11th April 2017, 07:39 PM |#3  
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Great News! Thank You!
11th April 2017, 08:03 PM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,753

Donate to Me
More
When I read that the AC-3 patent expired, MX Player is the first project that came to mind that would benefit from it. I was pretty bummed out when they forced you guys to remove support for the codec, but I'm glad that it's not longer an issue.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FBis251 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FBis251 Ad-Free
11th April 2017, 08:29 PM |#5  
Recognized Developer
Flag ::1
Thanks Meter: 4,998

Donate to Me
More
Wow - good riddance ! The patent won't be missed !

@Thirumalai.K thanks for adding the support , I got quite a few videos that use AC-3

http://www.cnx-software.com/2017/02/...bruary-1-2017/

Some other patents for tracking:

http://www.osnews.com/story/24954/US..._MPEG-2_H_264/
11th April 2017, 09:22 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Great news. Will try must.
11th April 2017, 09:23 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Not workin
Cleared Cache and restarded with working internet. Still showing unable to play ac3
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abhi24365 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift abhi24365 Ad-Free
11th April 2017, 11:20 PM |#8  
Recognized Developer
Flag ::1
Thanks Meter: 4,998

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi24365

Cleared Cache and restarded with working internet. Still showing unable to play ac3

you actually upgraded the app, or using the latest version right ?

Quote:

(i.e. MX Player v1.8.17 & MX Player Pro v1.8.16)

rebooting the phone might help - or whatever the reason for not working is ...

CC: @Thirumalai.K

I'll take a look within the next days and see how it goes ...
12th April 2017, 05:30 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirumalai.K

MX Player team is very happy to announce that we are now adding “AC-3” audio support in our latest version of the app (i.e. MX Player v1.8.17 & MX Player Pro v1.8.16) in most of the regions.

If you have video files with “AC-3” audio, you can now play it without using any third-party / unofficial custom codecs…!

There are no extra efforts required on your end. Just relaunch the app again with working internet. Once, MX Player configuration is updated on your device, it will automatically start working again…!

What about dts codec does we need it
The Following User Says Thank You to dhruvdave For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dhruvdave Ad-Free
12th April 2017, 05:46 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 423

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirumalai.K

MX Player team is very happy to announce that we are now adding “AC-3” audio support in our latest version of the app

Please.. PLEASE.. Pleeeeease add ChromeCast support..
ChromeCast & DTS are the only 2 things that are now missing from the already mammoth great MX Player..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheTAMAS For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheTAMAS Ad-Free
12th April 2017, 12:02 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
It would be nice to make a SALE for a day or to for the Pro version to celebrate the AC-3 thing )))
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ac-3, ac3, audio, codec, mx player, mxplayer

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)