Thanks Meter: 4,080

By Thirumalai.K, Recognized Contributor on 11th April 2017, 08:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th April 2018, 03:57 AM |#91  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirumalai.K

It's enabled in most of the countries. But, It's still unsupported in some regions to avoid patent issues.

Is the US one of those countries? I haven't ever had AC3 work on any version of MX Player without using a custom codec. Having to track down and install a new custom codec each time MX Player updates is pretty annoying.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sqarborough For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sqarborough Ad-Free

11th April 2018, 03:14 AM |#92  
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqarborough

Is the US one of those countries? I haven't ever had AC3 work on any version of MX Player without using a custom codec. Having to track down and install a new custom codec each time MX Player updates is pretty annoying.

Yeah, me too. Getting definite answers about this and the passthrough problems has been extremely frustrating.

It would be different if I at least knew which regions weren't allowed access to AC-3 support/etc. but I don't even know that.
12th April 2018, 07:50 PM |#93  

More
I'm in the U.S. And I've not been able to get this working.
I reset the app, and it worked. When I went back and configured MX Player the way I like it, it stopped working. I don't have time to figure out which setting broke, so I just added the codec back.
12th April 2018, 08:15 PM |#94  
Flag Atlanta, GA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyXbiT

I'm in the U.S. And I've not been able to get this working.
I reset the app, and it worked. When I went back and configured MX Player the way I like it, it stopped working. I don't have time to figure out which setting broke, so I just added the codec back.

Good timing - I did update the custom codec I'm using (1.9.8.zip) and I can now pass-through STEREO AC3 & DTS audio tracks.

However I cannot passthrough the 5.1 audio. I've been reading and reading and it appears MX Player in unique in that it doesn't force output. It attempts to detect supporting hardware, as the developer says.

I did end up with a version of Kodi Krypton (17) that still can support pass-through forced and it works. I would still prefer MX Player however.

This seems to be a common problem for Android media players. Even VLC for Android supposedly supports passthrough but it downmixes to stereo also.
16th April 2018, 02:15 PM |#95  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,080

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyM76

Good timing - I did update the custom codec I'm using (1.9.8.zip) and I can now pass-through STEREO AC3 & DTS audio tracks.

However I cannot passthrough the 5.1 audio. I've been reading and reading and it appears MX Player in unique in that it doesn't force output. It attempts to detect supporting hardware, as the developer says.

I did end up with a version of Kodi Krypton (17) that still can support pass-through forced and it works. I would still prefer MX Player however.

This seems to be a common problem for Android media players. Even VLC for Android supposedly supports passthrough but it downmixes to stereo also.

Hi,
As you rightly said, MX Player is currently checking for the capabilities & uses the pass-through accordingly. But, it seems that the receiver's capability is not detected. Just open the MXPlayer. Then remove & insert the HDMI. Then immediately collect a bug report and share here. We will check it out.

We are planning to improve the audio pass-through feature in future to support the force trying of the specific codecs.
19th April 2018, 02:34 PM |#96  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirumalai.K

Hi,
As you rightly said, MX Player is currently checking for the capabilities & uses the pass-through accordingly. But, it seems that the receiver's capability is not detected. Just open the MXPlayer. Then remove & insert the HDMI. Then immediately collect a bug report and share here. We will check it out.

We are planning to improve the audio pass-through feature in future to support the force trying of the specific codecs.

I dont know why are you cherry picking the questions and answer it while ignoring all other questions.

there is a ton of questions here related to the AC-3 enabled countries you choose to ignore , is it hard to answer this simple question ? or there is something else prevents you from answering it ?

Could you tell us please ?
22nd April 2018, 03:19 AM |#97  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
1.9 17
I downloaded version 1.9.17 of mx player just now. Still ac3 is not supported
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ac-3, ac3, audio, codec, mx player, mxplayer

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)