[Announcement] MX Player officially gets AC-3 Audio Support

2,086 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,038

By Thirumalai.K, Recognized Contributor on 11th April 2017, 09:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
31st July 2017, 03:20 PM |#61  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I too am unable to play AC3 audio after updating to the latest version of the software.

I have version 1.9.3 of MX player.
I am on a Samsung Galaxy S8 if that makes a difference .
I've tried restarting the phone. I've tried completely uninstalling the software and any previous codecs and reinstalling the software.

4th August 2017, 05:10 PM |#62  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickbman

I too am unable to play AC3 audio after updating to the latest version of the software.

I have version 1.9.3 of MX player.
I am on a Samsung Galaxy S8 if that makes a difference .
I've tried restarting the phone. I've tried completely uninstalling the software and any previous codecs and reinstalling the software.

Same here. The play store update killed the AC3 on my tablet and my phone I could never get to work.
8th August 2017, 01:08 PM |#63  

More
same for me, cannot play AC3 on HTC U11. Not sure what to do, when trying to use custom codecs it suggests 1.9.0 ARMv7 NEON codec which i cannot find
11th August 2017, 07:17 PM |#64  

More
I am using MX player Pro on my AC Ryan Veolo 4K+. At first it was all great, but for week now the player just won't decode AC3 files. It can only output audio in Stereo. I went through the process of installing custom codec but it still wouldn't output Dolby like before.

What should I do next?

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekrapmil

I am using MX player Pro on my AC Ryan Veolo 4K+. At first it was all great, but for week now the player just won't decode AC3 files. It can only output audio in Stereo. I went through the process of installing custom codec but it still wouldn't output Dolby like before.

What should I do next?

Thanks.

I think I have just figured it out myself. Haha.
I cannot use HW+ or SW decoder. It has to be just HW. I had to uncheck everything in the decoder settings. It works now!
12th August 2017, 07:11 PM |#65  

More
Ac3 not working
I have the same problem where ac3 isn't working. I have s Huawei Honor 6x if that makes a difference. I got mx player from Google apps store and it's version 1.9.3.
21st August 2017, 01:07 PM |#66  

More
Are we really sure?
Just spent an hour clearing cache, restarting phone, reinstalling mx pro (v. 1.9.3). Reading forums. I still get a message telling me Ac3 is not supported. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Edit: Oh my dear gods of kobol! ARMv7 Neon 1.9.0 does... Not... Exist. But apparently if I can magically make it appear, I'll be able to actually hear the audio from AC3

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirumalai.K

There is no technical difference between free & Pro version except the ads.
Probably you might have some issues in getting configs from our server.

Kindly clear the data of the app & open the app with working internet connection. Once it gets the configs from the server, it should work again.

Some of us have kindly cleared our data and reopened it. Still no magical configuration to support AC3. I've done it twice now, once over phone network, and once over Wi-Fi. Nope, no AC3
26th August 2017, 04:00 AM |#67  

More
Running 1.9.3 on a Nexus 7 (2013) and unable to play AC3, stopped working after the update.

Edit: Fixed by installing the new custom codec found in the links here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...pport-t2156254
The Following User Says Thank You to encore2097 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift encore2097 Ad-Free
27th August 2017, 10:50 AM |#68  
Flag Seattle

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by encore2097

Edit: Fixed by installing the new custom codec found in the links here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...pport-t2156254

This worked on my tablet and phone.

Thanks
28th August 2017, 04:31 AM |#69  
Flag Multan
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Well E-AC3 still doesn't work.
29th August 2017, 09:42 PM |#70  
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by esad13

This worked on my tablet and phone.

Thanks

That's still the same problem as in the past - AC3 is NOT working on 1.9.6. by default.

Passthrough is working but only in stereo - which is kind of pointless.

I emailed support at MX Player and hope to hear back about the AC3 problem.
30th August 2017, 09:50 AM |#71  

More
So...
..I paid so many money and still I don't have AC3. Idk why is this app so expensive I can't have it all?!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ac-3, ac3, audio, codec, mx player, mxplayer

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)