[Announcement] MX Player officially gets AC-3 Audio Support

2,208 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,085

By Thirumalai.K, Recognized Contributor on 11th April 2017, 08:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th January 2018, 11:15 AM |#81  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Does anybody knows how to make MX Player Pro 1.9.16 working with AC3 custom codec?
When I use MX Player Pro with AC3 custom codec I need to turn SW audio everytime (the player doesn't remember this setting).
Trying to set the SW audio in settings gives no results. The sound is corrupt then.
Any solution? Any last working version?

31st January 2018, 09:46 AM |#82  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi24365

Cleared Cache and restarded with working internet. Still showing unable to play ac3

How to permanently clean them ??? without any recovery
2nd February 2018, 05:00 AM |#83  
OP Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapciu75

Does anybody knows how to make MX Player Pro 1.9.16 working with AC3 custom codec?
When I use MX Player Pro with AC3 custom codec I need to turn SW audio everytime (the player doesn't remember this setting).
Trying to set the SW audio in settings gives no results. The sound is corrupt then.
Any solution? Any last working version?

Can you provide the bug report?
It will help us to understand the issue. If your custom codec is ac-3 supported, then it should work without any issue.
4th February 2018, 08:46 AM |#84  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirumalai.K

Can you provide the bug report?
It will help us to understand the issue. If your custom codec is ac-3 supported, then it should work without any issue.

Unfortunetly I can not provide the bug report. I am in different place now. It was in my friend's android device. Custom AC3 codec or MX Player does not work properly. MX Player does not remember the setting to use AC3 custom codec every next time. Setting SW support in options (to use AC3 custom codec everytime without setting to remember) in MX Player makes sound corrupted.
The Following User Says Thank You to kapciu75 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kapciu75 Ad-Free
11th February 2018, 06:04 AM |#85  

More
e-ac3 not supported
xxxxx://yyy.dropbox.com/s/nr6y5emhbii1mzs/ORF2%20T%20HD%20%28deu%29_Narrisch%20guat%20%282%2 9_06-19-21_2018_02-11.ts?dl=0
please fix it
xxxxx >https
yyy>www
22nd February 2018, 02:11 PM |#86  

More
So why the developer ignores any comments about the AC-3 ? and its not supported anymore ?!
23rd February 2018, 12:33 PM |#87  
OP Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZILZALMIX

So why the developer ignores any comments about the AC-3 ? and its not supported anymore ?!

It's enabled in most of the countries. But, It's still unsupported in some regions to avoid patent issues.
23rd February 2018, 08:19 PM |#88  

More
Quote:

It's enabled in most of the countries. But, It's still unsupported in some regions to avoid patent issues.

Could you please list or link to a list of unsupported regions ?

Also the country check is based on what ? the country of the play store ?
24th February 2018, 12:07 PM |#89  

More
Thanks, will give a try
13th March 2018, 07:55 PM |#90  

More
Nice try. Good and will try that
5th April 2018, 03:57 AM |#91  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

Is the US one of those countries? I haven't ever had AC3 work on any version of MX Player without using a custom codec. Having to track down and install a new custom codec each time MX Player updates is pretty annoying.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sqarborough For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sqarborough Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ac-3, ac3, audio, codec, mx player, mxplayer

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)