FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Android Screen Pinning not working since last update (1.13.1)

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Diogo Figueiredo, Junior Member on 10th August 2019, 02:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
First of all, kudos on such an amazing player. I've been using the Pro version for quite a while now, and I love it.
I've been using Android's Screen Pinning since it became available to lock MX Player on my phone, so I can give it to my daughter to watch movies without worrying about her messing around with anything else. Se navigates the player easily, chooses whatever she wants to watch, but she can't leave the app, or click on notifications, etc.
Unfortunately, the latest update seems to have broken it. Apparently, the "media browser" part and the actual video-playing part are now seem by Android as independent apps. If I pin it while browsing, I can't play any files: whenever I click on a file, Android shows the message saying "to unpin this screen, touch and hold back and overview buttoms". If I start playing a video and then pin it, I can't go back to the file selection screen, as only the video "thread" (I'm not sure I can call it that way) is pinned.
The same problem is happening on my Xiaomi Mi A2 with android 9 and my wife's Motorola Moto G7 with android 8, both running the Pro version of the player.
Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Best regards.

11th August 2019, 07:15 AM |#2  
Flag ....
Thanks Meter: 10,948

Donate to Me
More
I can confirm this issue and already reported this to their support email. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

Sent from my "1+2" powered by Delight Oreo
Compiled by myself
12th August 2019, 12:00 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicesoni_ash

I can confirm this issue and already reported this to their support email. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

Sent from my "1+2" powered by Delight Oreo
Compiled by myself

We sincerely apologize for the issues. We have already escalated this with our development team and are investigating on this. We will update you once we have a fix.

Thank You.
The Following User Says Thank You to MXPlayer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MXPlayer Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)