FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q][android tv] mx player can't find subtitles

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By cqst, Junior Member on 16th October 2015, 10:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi there

I installed mx player on my android tv box (freebox mini 4k) and when I watch video I click on search online subtitles, entering movie title and it shows nothing...
I configured languages preferences in the app settings (french + english).

Am I missing something ?

I am watching movies from macbook using plex media server if it's helpfull...

Thx by advance

19th October 2015, 07:07 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 321

More
opensubtitles.org protocol looks like being changed or broken somehow.
We will contact opensubtitles.org.
The Following User Says Thank You to bleu8888 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bleu8888 Ad-Free
19th October 2015, 08:22 PM |#3  

More
I warned you about it in a previous contributions, and no one answered. I hope you manage to fix it soon. This feature I often used.
19th October 2015, 08:29 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
thx for the reply so I understand it's about the opensubtitles api
22nd October 2015, 04:12 PM |#5  

More
I do not think there is a problem in Opensubtitles.org api, because other applications have already corrected the loading of the title. I got the MX Player buy and support the developer, but 4 months on the application did not reach anyone. 10 days no response to gmail or here on the forum. Hmm .- (
23rd October 2015, 08:09 AM |#6  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,006

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuicksilverCZ

I do not think there is a problem in Opensubtitles.org api, because other applications have already corrected the loading of the title. I got the MX Player buy and support the developer, but 4 months on the application did not reach anyone. 10 days no response to gmail or here on the forum. Hmm .- (

The developer is busy with the major upgrade 1.8.
It's almost in final stages. He may start the beta testing anytime soon.

Be patient.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk
23rd October 2015, 10:12 PM |#7  

More
Thank you for the answer. I will look forward to a new version comes out, perhaps as soon as possible, because I drive searching for subtitles of your application often used. Among other supports as the only search from opensubtitles.org Regardless of the name of the video, which seek out other applications by inserting video, but when I have a video that is: 448548sdssda45545sada5sd45.mp4 so I do not find in others. That was not the case.

Anyway, if it is possible to add the possibility of a larger set subtitle line and also searching always have the latest version according to the searched word. I should be if I was looking for: The Simpsons S27 E02 showed it to me always locate the latest headlines.

ps: please do not have the possibility to make action on the MX PLAYER and data necessary to apk for $ 1? You would have bought your application more people. Thanks for your time and service.
13th January 2017, 03:07 AM |#8  

More
I can't find any subtitles while searching in online in mx player. What is the reason?
13th January 2017, 04:27 AM |#9  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinjacob

I can't find any subtitles while searching in online in mx player. What is the reason?

Do you get any messages?
Can you specify what you are searching for..?
8th April 2017, 06:16 PM |#10  

More
I regularly get the message "error occurred during communicating with opensubtitles.org. please try again later" but the main issue is for 3 days now when it dose work and get subtitles it get a long list of subtitles that has no relation to the search text.
infect I believe the returned subtitle list is the same regardless of what the search text I enter is.
lets say for example I enter "haven s02e03" in the search for subtitles I get the same long list of irrelevant subtitles.
the online subtitle is unusable now at all.
10th April 2017, 09:33 AM |#11  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeissa

I regularly get the message "error occurred during communicating with opensubtitles.org. please try again later" but the main issue is for 3 days now when it dose work and get subtitles it get a long list of subtitles that has no relation to the search text.
infect I believe the returned subtitle list is the same regardless of what the search text I enter is.
lets say for example I enter "haven s02e03" in the search for subtitles I get the same long list of irrelevant subtitles.
the online subtitle is unusable now at all.

It might be temporary issue on opensubtitles.org side. It's working on my device as of now.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)