Originally Posted by Thirumalai.K
Can you collect a bug report immediately after reproducing the issue and share here?
It will help us to identify the root cause.
I am in the same situation (Pixel XL, MX Player Pro, just updated to Oreo) and background play stopped working. However, this does not consistently happen unless I am connected to a Bluetooth speaker.
I use MX Player for audio only often. This is the easiest way to reproduce the problem:
1. Connect to Bluetooth (in this case I have an Amazon Tap and I tell Alexa to connect to my phone).
2. After connecting start an MP3.
2. Press the power button to turn off the screen.
3. Wait a few seconds and the audio will stop playing.
4. Swipe to look at the notification for MX Player and note that the time in the MP3 is incrementing but no sound.
MX Player is *not* crashing. You can reopen the screen and press pause (wait) and then press play on the lock screen notification and MX Player will begin to play audio even when the screen goes back to sleep.
Note that this is not always consistent. It happens almost all the time, but I have done the above procedure and on some occasions audio will continue to play. Again, I think it happens much more often when connected to a Bluetooth speaker.
If you let me know how to collect a bug report or some sort of dev log when MX Player I will. But again, MX Player is not crashing when this happens.