FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Battery/clock title bar update for Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By The.Guv, Junior Member on 18th May 2017, 09:56 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
For those of us who got the Galaxy S8 or S8+, it has rounded corners on the screen, meaning that if you have the battery level and time displayed in the title bar, the minutes of the time aren't visible.

Is it possible to have an option to shift the text in from the top/right a little, so that we can see the minutes while the video is playing?

The funny thing is that if you capture a screen shot, the text in the corner is there, it's just not visible on the device as the screen corners are rounded to "remove" part of the screen visible area - a price we pay for aesthetics
The Following User Says Thank You to The.Guv For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift The.Guv Ad-Free

29th October 2017, 02:43 PM |#2  
Flag Rhineland-Palantine
Thanks Meter: 96

More
Is there already a solution for this?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G955F mit Tapatalk
29th October 2017, 06:12 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 84

More
I am looking for a solution to this problem as well. It's not just the Galaxy S8 that is affected. I am seeing this issue on my Pixel 2 XL as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to WisdomWolf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WisdomWolf Ad-Free
9th November 2017, 05:44 PM |#4  
Flag Rhineland-Palantine

More
Has no other problems with it?

10th November 2017, 11:55 AM |#5  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,030

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Guv

For those of us who got the Galaxy S8 or S8+, it has rounded corners on the screen, meaning that if you have the battery level and time displayed in the title bar, the minutes of the time aren't visible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietnam100

Is there already a solution for this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisdomWolf

I am looking for a solution to this problem as well. It's not just the Galaxy S8 that is affected. I am seeing this issue on my Pixel 2 XL as well.

The radius of the corner varies by device. And any app can't get the exact value.

As a workaround, In next version, we will a new option to set the corner offset. It will available only when you have enabled either Elapsed Time or Battery/Clock. You can adjust it according to your requirement.
The Following User Says Thank You to Thirumalai.K For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Thirumalai.K Ad-Free
10th November 2017, 12:01 PM |#6  
Flag Rhineland-Palantine

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirumalai.K

The radius of the corner varies by device. And any app can't get the exact value.

As a workaround, In next version, we will a new option to set the corner offset. It will available only when you have enabled either Elapsed Time or Battery/Clock. You can adjust it according to your requirement.

Super. Many thanks for your hard work...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)