FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Bug] Current playback time resets to previous time after switching to other apps.

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By deinvater, Junior Member on 13th April 2017, 06:44 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi everyone.
I like to listen to audiobooks with mx player and the files tend to be large (>10h).

Very often after I am done listening to the audiobook and pause the playback and switch to other apps and then return to MX player later I can see the progress indicator skip back to the start of my previous listening session.
This happens in about 50% of tries but apparently only after Android has had time to clean up memory. I am not sure on that though. It doesn't seem to matter which Audioformat the file has.

My guess is that under certain circumstances the current playback time is not correctly stored.

I am using a a rooted Samsung Galaxy S7 with the latest stock firmware.
The bug has occurred on my Nexus 5 over a year ago too though.

I can provide more information if needed.

19th April 2017, 08:56 AM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Tamilnadu
Thanks Meter: 3,930

More
hi,
as you said, it will happen when android kills MX Player in a unexpected way. MX Player will save the sate of the playback on some conditions like manual pausing, or pause due to some interference from other apps. When it's killed it will die all of sudden & can't save the state. If you are using RAM boosters & memory cleaner apps, kindly exclude MX Player in it. As you are using a Samsung device, try to exclude MX Player in Smart Manager & check it still happens.

I had some similar issues on S5 in past & reported to Samsung about a firmware issue in which Samsung Smart Manager kills the important audio service. It was resulting to the issue. Later it was fixed by Samsung through a firmware update.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)