113 posts
Thanks Meter: 18

By kecsap, Senior Member on 23rd November 2016, 10:39 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1. Device Manufacturer & Model: Samsung Galaxy S3 i9305 LTE
Android Version: 4.4.4
Rom Info : N4 Elite Lite ROM
Detailed Problem Description :
My Samsung Galaxy S3 starts to play avi/most mkv files instantly, but starting certain mkv files or returning to mx player app and continue takes ~8 seconds.

I already tried different combinations of SW/HW decoders for audio/video stream without any improvement. Latest version of MX Player Pro and custom codec installed.

Logs attached.
Link to a sample video what starts slowly:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5b04aevcbi...5D%20.mkv?dl=0
Attached Files
File Type: zip report_2016-11-23_231923.zip - [Click for QR Code] (9.5 KB, 18 views)

11th April 2017, 07:43 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kecsap

1. Device Manufacturer & Model: Samsung Galaxy S3 i9305 LTE
Android Version: 4.4.4
Rom Info : N4 Elite Lite ROM
Detailed Problem Description :
My Samsung Galaxy S3 starts to play avi/most mkv files instantly, but starting certain mkv files or returning to mx player app and continue takes ~8 seconds.

I already tried different combinations of SW/HW decoders for audio/video stream without any improvement. Latest version of MX Player Pro and custom codec installed.

Logs attached.
Link to a sample video what starts slowly:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5b04aevcbi...5D%20.mkv?dl=0

Experienced similar scenario pausing mkv videos and switching to another app briefly. Takes a long time to resume playing switching back to mxplayer. On galaxy tab 2 running slim6.
12th April 2017, 12:36 PM |#3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Tamilnadu
Thanks Meter: 3,969

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vientito

Experienced similar scenario pausing mkv videos and switching to another app briefly. Takes a long time to resume playing switching back to mxplayer. On galaxy tab 2 running slim6.

Hi,
Kindly share the bug report here. without it we can't identify the root cause.
It may happen when you play a video in SW decoder & CPU load is 100%. It may happen when you play a unsupported HD/UHD/HEVC video in SW. If you are doing the same, then this is due to non responsiveness of system due to the high CPU usage.
20th April 2017, 09:09 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirumalai.K

Hi,
Kindly share the bug report here. without it we can't identify the root cause.
It may happen when you play a video in SW decoder & CPU load is 100%. It may happen when you play a unsupported HD/UHD/HEVC video in SW. If you are doing the same, then this is due to non responsiveness of system due to the high CPU usage.

Here's the bug report attached. This particular mkv file exhibits the symptom of taking too long to seek at the last paused position. Even rebooting device would not alleviate this problem.
Attached Files
File Type: zip report_2017-04-20_160231.zip - [Click for QR Code] (13.1 KB, 8 views)
24th April 2017, 05:43 AM |#5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Tamilnadu
Thanks Meter: 3,969

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vientito

Here's the bug report attached. This particular mkv file exhibits the symptom of taking too long to seek at the last paused position. Even rebooting device would not alleviate this problem.

Hi,
based on the logs it seems that file itself has corrupted & ffmpeg has failed to read the video at certain point. It may happen due to a file corruption due to a interruption in uploading/downloading.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)