FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Bug: MX player Pro build 1.9.5 dropped WMV support?

37 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By Ps24u, Member on 26th August 2017, 07:37 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th October 2017, 07:41 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Lorence

Dear jguy, the solution you supplied doesn't work. I followed it to the letter. Version 1.9.3 was flawless. I'm sorry I upgraded. I'm a paying user. I use my tablet to make a living. I use video to teach English. Not being able to employ my collection of WMV3 files blows a hole in my resource collection. If only I could reinstall 1.9.3.

You sure you picked the right version for your device? It worked for me with a Pixel xl. Also, not my solution, just provided a link for a previous post a few up.

14th October 2017, 07:55 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
MX player no longer plays WMV3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jguy

You sure you picked the right version for your device? It worked for me with a Pixel xl. Also, not my solution, just provided a link for a previous post a few up.

Sorry, the solution provided doesn't work. Right code for my Lenovo tablet is ARM7 neon: installed. I'd just like to go back to 1.9.3.
14th October 2017, 08:25 PM |#13  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Lorence

Sorry, the solution provided doesn't work. Right code for my Lenovo tablet is ARM7 neon: installed. I'd just like to go back to 1.9.3.

You do a restart?
14th October 2017, 08:57 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jguy

You do a restart?

Restart app, restart tablet, reinstall app & codec: did everything. Letting it go. Installed media player classic, works, end of trouble.
4th November 2017, 03:30 AM |#15  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks Meter: 4,726

Donate to Me
More
use custom codec. it's in the stickies.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2156254

Supports WMV, MPEG DTS, all the stuff MX Player no longer supports or never supported.
7th November 2017, 12:42 AM |#16  
Flag Lake Charles, LA
Thanks Meter: 101

More
Thanks for this, worked like a charm!

For anyone else, I originally tried the codec from the Play Store and didn't work. I uninstalled it and downloaded the custom codec from the link above and installed thru the app and works perfectly.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)