Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

[Bug]In Redmi Note 4X & Redmi Note 3 - Weird Rotations

8 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By rahmananas, Junior Member on 6th July 2018, 05:21 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Device Manufacturer & Model : Occurs in both Redmi Note 4X and Redmi Note 3

Android Version : Bug happens in oreo roms only (8.1.0)

Rom Info: No matter the rom, this bug seems to happen in all oreo roms i tried like omni,aosip,rr,du, etc.

Detailed Problem Description :
I use my phone in portrait mode only and is not set to auto rotate.After playing a video in landscape mode pressing the back button results in showing the list in portrait first and then phone rotates to landscape and then again to portrait.This seems to happen each time after i play a video in landscape mode only.

Steps to reproduce the problem :
1) Orientation in phone setting is set to Portrait only.
2)Play a video in landscape mode of mx player.
3)Press back button
4)The weird rotation bug occurs

Video as shown below:

h**ps://youtu.be/xEdQy2O04uo

Bug Report :
h***s://***.dropbox.com/s/l48vjghd06j26y0/report_2018-07-06_213004.zip?dl=0

I am a regular user of mx player and have been using it forever.I have faced this bug since January and have seen many users reporting this in telegram and whatsapp.

Hope you would fix this as soon as possible.I do not use xda and have used it for the sole purpose of reporting this bug.This is my very first bug report.Lol......

8th July 2018, 05:55 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member

More
No response
i face it in both free and pro versions
will it be fixed..?
Forgive my eagerness....i use mx that much..
9th July 2018, 01:20 PM |#3  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,106

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahmananas

i face it in both free and pro versions
will it be fixed..?
Forgive my eagerness....i use mx that much..

Sorry for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, It's an Android bug on 8.1 which is yet to be fixed by Google and there is no workaround so far. We are already researching it. We will try our best to get a workaround at the earliest.

Kindly read the following to read more about the issue
https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/69168442
9th July 2018, 05:46 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirumalai.K

Sorry for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, It's an Android bug on 8.1 which is yet to be fixed by Google and there is no workaround so far. We are already researching it. We will try our best to get a workaround at the earliest.

Kindly read the following to read more about the issue
https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/69168442

Yeah...i do remember facing the same bug in youtube player during initial oreo days. But not anymore.Orientation works normally for Youtube,Vlc player etc.The problem may have been fixed by google or app devs may have found some workaround.Only MX Player currently have this problem now.
Hope you would look into it as i find mx player much user friendly than vlc..
10th July 2018, 10:49 AM |#5  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,106

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahmananas

Yeah...i do remember facing the same bug in youtube player during initial oreo days. But not anymore.Orientation works normally for Youtube,Vlc player etc.The problem may have been fixed by google or app devs may have found some workaround.Only MX Player currently have this problem now.
Hope you would look into it as i find mx player much user friendly than vlc..

It's not yet fixed by the Google. I can still reproduce the issues on the VLC on Mi A1 & Nexus 6P. Maybe, it's triggered by certain conditions and then it starts occurring frequently.
10th July 2018, 05:22 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

It's not yet fixed by the Google. I can still reproduce the issues on the VLC on Mi A1 & Nexus 6P. Maybe, it's triggered by certain conditions and then it starts occurring frequently.

Just found out something strange.Seeing that you faced the bug in vlc, i just updated my vlc player to latest and voila, the bug is present..
The thing is, it doesnt occur in the version i was using (version 2.5.13) but is present in latest (version 3.0.11), maybe u can reverse engineer this....lol
Seeing this i'm gonna try old versions of mx too to find if some version doesnt have this bug..
11th July 2018, 03:48 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

After some googling stumbled on a possible workaround.This is it.

In "secondActivity" (landscape) add additional setRequestOrientation in onPause and onResume method:
onCreate(){
setRequestedOrientation(ActivityInfo.SCREEN_ORIENT ATION_SENSOR_LANDSCAPE);
}

onPause(){
if (android.os.Build.VERSION.SDK_INT >= 27) {
setRequestedOrientation(ActivityInfo.SCREEN_ORIENT ATION_SENSOR_PORTRAIT);
}
}

onResume(){
if (android.os.Build.VERSION.SDK_INT >= 27) {
setRequestedOrientation(ActivityInfo.SCREEN_ORIENT ATION_SENSOR_LANDSCAPE);
}