FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 GPU

Bug: Streaming videos end with restart after pause (low buffering issue?)

696 posts
Thanks Meter: 95

By oroboros74, Senior Member on 29th August 2017, 10:24 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Using MXPlayer v1.9.6 on Marshmallow.

Others on reddit and I have noticed that when you pause a streaming video and restart it, it plays a few seconds and then the video ends. I think it might be a buffering issue.

29th August 2017, 12:41 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,107

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oroboros74

Using MXPlayer v1.9.6 on Marshmallow.

Others on reddit and I have noticed that when you pause a streaming video and restart it, it plays a few seconds and then the video ends. I think it might be a buffering issue.

Kindly provide a bug report. Without a proper bug report, it's very difficult to identify the issue.
7th February 2018, 10:26 AM |#3  
Flag lowell
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I have the same issue. Statement above, is clear. When streaming, if you press pause, MX PLAYER will try to Load; Stop; and End Playback.
Version 1.9.10(ARMv7 neon)
Running on Firestick (version 2, 4 gigs available)
mx player, Standard config.
Mp4 file ~500MB 720p max.(can be smaller or much larger makes no difference)
having trouble making a bug report because it is on a Firestick, however I did not always have this problem. Any help to point me and others in the right direction would be greatly appreciated, please.
7th February 2018, 10:50 AM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,107

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koffeeshop77

I have the same issue. Statement above, is clear. When streaming, if you press pause, MX PLAYER will try to Load; Stop; and End Playback.
Version 1.9.10(ARMv7 neon)
Running on Firestick (version 2, 4 gigs available)
mx player, Standard config.
Mp4 file ~500MB 720p max.(can be smaller or much larger makes no difference)
having trouble making a bug report because it is on a Firestick, however I did not always have this problem. Any help to point me and others in the right direction would be greatly appreciated, please.

Without a bug report or log, it's very difficult to understand the actual issue. The issue might be with the server. When you resume the video, MX Player will try to reconnect. If the reconnection is refused, then MX Player will fail to play & close the playback.
8th February 2018, 06:04 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
MX player
I'm having a problem with ...I'm having a problem with the video taking forever to load, then when it loads and buffer, plays for a little bit then begins pause and buffer then play, and so on..This happens the WHOLE time.I'm wondering, what do I need to do in order to get the buffering to stop so I may watch the video in full?
8th February 2018, 10:12 AM |#6  
Flag lowell
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazim29

I'm having a problem with ...I'm having a problem with the video taking forever to load, then when it loads and buffer, plays for a little bit then begins pause and buffer then play, and so on..This happens the WHOLE time.I'm wondering, what do I need to do in order to get the buffering to stop so I may watch the video in full?

1) your Wi-Fi connection is to slow, you also can't be too far away, WiFi it's being blocked by something metal(tv, cable receiver, pc, speakers, giant fish tank?,...)
2) your internet is being used by other members of the household
3) your running out of RAM or trying to stream to high of quality than your device can handle(use "clean master" to boost your performance before streaming)
4)AND MOST LIKELY, the server you are streaming from is slow, choose diff server, better compression size(e.g. 850MB instead of 2GB) or lower your quality choice 480/720p instead of 1080 or above.
5) your internet connection is slow from ISP e.g. 1500mbps instead of 5000mbps+.

^^WOULD RECOMMEND performing a internet speed test, to see where you stand on most of the above^^

I hope that helps you Nazim. In my case it has always been a slow server. And clean master helps alot if I'm using a low ram tv box/smart TV.
The Following User Says Thank You to Koffeeshop77 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Koffeeshop77 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
buffering, pause, streaming video

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)