FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Bug] "Back to list after playback is complete" is buggy for audio playback

511 posts
Thanks Meter: 81

By mali_, Senior Member on 21st September 2016, 10:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
When I use mx player as an audio player and after a song finishes playing, the notification exits itself. This happens even if I mark and play multiple songs. Only the first song plays and then the notification exits. I'm using the latest v1.8.8.

I then found the cause of the problem. In mx player settings > player > Back to list was enabled. I disabled it and now the notification doesn't exit itself.
But I want this behaviour only for audio playback and not video. I want to enable this option for video playback. It should go back to the list after playing a video but it shouldn't go back to the list while playing audio.

Fix:
There has be separate options of "Back to list" for audio and video playback so that the notification doesn't exit while playing music and it goes back to the list after playing a video.

I don't want to install a separate audio player just for a setting. I love mx player. So pleaseee fix this.

22nd September 2016, 04:08 AM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,030

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mali_

When I use mx player as an audio player and after a song finishes playing, the notification exits itself. This happens even if I mark and play multiple songs. Only the first song plays and then the notification exits. I'm using the latest v1.8.8.

I then found the cause of the problem. In mx player settings > player > Back to list was enabled. I disabled it and now the notification doesn't exit itself.
But I want this behaviour only for audio playback and not video. I want to enable this option for video playback. It should go back to the list after playing a video but it shouldn't go back to the list while playing audio.

Fix:
There has be separate options of "Back to list" for audio and video playback so that the notification doesn't exit while playing music and it goes back to the list after playing a video.

I don't want to install a separate audio player just for a setting. I love mx player. So pleaseee fix this.

Can you try the latest beta build 1.8.9beta1?

You can download the latest nightly version from the official beta webpage ( https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen...ion/test-build )

Just Select any folder by long press & play. It won't stop till the entire list completes even if Back to list is enabled.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk
22nd September 2016, 10:26 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktsamy

You can download the latest nightly version from the official beta webpage ( https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen...ion/test-build )

Just Select any folder by long press & play. It won't stop till the entire list completes even if Back to list is enabled.

Oh, thank you sooooo much. *-* It seems to be fixed. I'm sooo happy.
22nd September 2016, 09:09 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Hey, I forgot to ask one thing. How can I add a new song to the list of songs already playing? Is there a way to mark different songs from different folders to play together? Thanks.
23rd September 2016, 09:08 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Hello, the bug still exists but in a different way. If I play a song and select "Loop one" or "Loop all", the notification exits instead of repeating. If I select 2 or more songs and select "Loop all" or "Loop one", it works as intended.

The options menu has to stay so that I can tick multiple items.

The notification has to remain even if the song stops playing and no matter what. It should be gone only if I swipe it away or press the "x" mark.

Thanks a lot.
25th September 2016, 04:28 AM |#6  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:

Hello, the bug still exists but in a different way. If I play a song and select "Loop one" or "Loop all", the notification exits instead of repeating. If I select 2 or more songs and select "Loop all" or "Loop one", it works as intended.

The notification has to remain even if the song stops playing and no matter what. It should be gone only if I swipe it away or press the "x" mark.

Thanks a lot.

Based on developer's feedback, back to list with loop one/all conflicts will be fixed on next version.

25th September 2016, 08:39 PM |#7  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:

Thanks a lot.

Can you try the latest beta build..?

26th September 2016, 06:51 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Can you try the latest beta build..?

The loop one works fine now but playing one song and selecting loop all ends the song. Loop all should repeat the single song too.

The notification still doesn't stay. The player should allow us to swipe away the notification or provide an x mark so that we can exit it if we want.
26th September 2016, 10:35 PM |#9  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:

The loop one works fine now but playing one song and selecting loop all ends the song. Loop all should repeat the single song too.

The notification still doesn't stay. The player should allow us to swipe away the notification or provide an x mark so that we can exit it if we want.

Reported to the developer. Loop all works when video opened after selecting. If it's opened directly without selection it doesn't work.

Regarding notification, I don't think any extra work is required. It will stay once loop functions properly. It will remain even if you pause. Only will exit when closing the playback or closing the notification.

26th September 2016, 11:18 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Reported to the developer. Loop all works when video opened after selecting. If it's opened directly without selection it doesn't work.

Regarding notification, I don't think any extra work is required. It will stay once loop functions properly. It will remain even if you pause. Only will exit when closing the playback or closing the notification.

You are right about the "loop all" working. But still it should be available even if a video or music is played directly. It would be weird if there is a different behaviour. Because most people or a normal person would play a file and they would select "Loop one/all" and if it doesn't work, they would be disappointed. or say "it doesn't work"

Regarding the notification, common users who don't use loop functions or know how to use these functions may play a music file and when the music finishes playback, if they want to play it again, the notification is gone. They have to go back to mx player, find the song and play it again. All music players and radios don't remove the notification. They give a "close" (x mark) option. If the notification stays in the notification bar, they can just play it again easily. This is the normal behaviour of notifications.

The notification goes away when the option "Back to list" is enabled. If it is not enabled, the next file on the list starts playing and the notification disappears when the last song finishes playing.

Summary: The notification shouldn't exit even after playback. We should decide to either keep it or swipe away or close it.

These may be small things but they are the important ones for the ease of use. Many people are asking me why the notification disappears. They want to control playback directly from the notification. So, please let us decide if we want to swipe away or close the notification.

The developer is very kind and listens to user feedback. I appreciate that a lot. It's a big compliment.

Please fix this. Thanks a lot.
4th December 2016, 06:15 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Hello, all these issues aren't fixed in the latest v1.8.10
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)