Bug video freezes

Search This thread

dhruvdave

Jun 8, 2014
While playing video freezes sometime.It happens with any of the files.I have attached 2 bug reports of 2 different files

Thirumalai.K

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
While playing video freezes sometime.It happens with any of the files.I have attached 2 bug reports of 2 different files

HI,
Looks like you were playing in HW decoder. HW decoder uses android mediaplayer API. It's known that under some unkown circumstances it may lead to such freezes. It will happen with all apps that use the mediaplayer API (Like Stock Gallery, Google Photos, etc). But, It will continue to report to the calling app as playback is in progress. Just restart & check again. It will go away.

If the problem continues, use HW+ as default. It will work.

dhruvdave

Jun 8, 2014
HI,
Looks like you were playing in HW decoder. HW decoder uses android mediaplayer API. It's known that under some unkown circumstances it may lead to such freezes. It will happen with all apps that use the mediaplayer API (Like Stock Gallery, Google Photos, etc). But, It will continue to report to the calling app as playback is in progress. Just restart & check again. It will go away.

If the problem continues, use HW+ as default. It will work.

Using Hw+ by defuault and using A7 2017

mauricewal

Mar 6, 2008
I have the same problem with mx player using HW+.
When playing stream the image just freezes, sound wil continue.