FORUMS

[Bug] Weird ASS karaoke colors

11 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By usna, Junior Member on 26th May 2015, 03:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
  1. Device Manufacturer & Model : Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5" (SM-T805)
  2. Android Version : 4.4.2
  3. Rom Info : Happens both on stock 4.4.2 and CF-Auto-Root by Chainfire. (KOT49H.T805XXU1ANFB)
  4. Detailed Problem Description : See below.
  5. Steps to reproduce the problem : See below.
In many videos with ASS karaoke effects, the karaoke effect colors get really weird (almost look inverted) on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5" (SM-T805). (I am however unable to replicate this on a Sony Xperia Tablet Z.)

This happens both with hardware acceleration (for drawing) on and off, speedup tricks on and off, and regardless of color mode (both on RGB-16, RGB-32 and YUV). SW decoder is used (the videos are 10-bit encodes).

One weird detail: if I pause with YUV, the still image still contains the color artifacts, but if I pause with RGB-16 or RGB-32 the color artifacts disappear on the still image (but return once I start playing again).

For some reason screenshots always turn out artifact-free, so I've taken some photos instead (see attached pictures). Again, it happens in a lot of (but not all) videos with karaoke effects, but these particular photos are from the intro (starting at 0:40) of:
[DameDesuYo] Junketsu no Maria - 05 (1280x720 10bit AAC) [2708C967].mkv
DDL link can be found here: damedesuyo.com/?page_id=6757

edit: Attached log. Moreover, it seems that if an ad is being displayed, the color artifacts remain even when paused with RGB-32, see newly attached even weirder photo 5.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	256.4 KB
ID:	3332620   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	257.4 KB
ID:	3332621   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	253.2 KB
ID:	3332622   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	262.3 KB
ID:	3332623   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	261.8 KB
ID:	3332771  
Attached Files
File Type: zip report_2015-05-26_181533.zip - [Click for QR Code] (10.1 KB, 8 views)
27th May 2015, 10:08 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 323

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by usna

1. Device Manufacturer & Model : Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5" (SM-T805)
  2. Android Version : 4.4.2
  3. Rom Info : Happens both on stock 4.4.2 and CF-Auto-Root by Chainfire. (KOT49H.T805XXU1ANFB)
  4. Detailed Problem Description : See below.
  5. Steps to reproduce the problem : See below.
In many videos with ASS karaoke effects, the karaoke effect colors get really weird (almost look inverted) on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5" (SM-T805). (I am however unable to replicate this on a Sony Xperia Tablet Z.)

This happens both with hardware acceleration (for drawing) on and off, speedup tricks on and off, and regardless of color mode (both on RGB-16, RGB-32 and YUV). SW decoder is used (the videos are 10-bit encodes).

One weird detail: if I pause with YUV, the still image still contains the color artifacts, but if I pause with RGB-16 or RGB-32 the color artifacts disappear on the still image (but return once I start playing again).

For some reason screenshots always turn out artifact-free, so I've taken some photos instead (see attached pictures). Again, it happens in a lot of (but not all) videos with karaoke effects, but these particular photos are from the intro (starting at 0:40) of:
[DameDesuYo] Junketsu no Maria - 05 (1280x720 10bit AAC) [2708C967].mkv
DDL link can be found here: damedesuyo.com/?page_id=6757

edit: Attached log. Moreover, it seems that if an ad is being displayed, the color artifacts remain even when paused with RGB-32, see newly attached even weirder photo 5.

It looks like due to the way subtitles rendered.
We are going to add alternative rendering mechanism in the future.
The Following User Says Thank You to bleu8888 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bleu8888 Ad-Free
29th May 2015, 12:44 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleu8888

It looks like due to the way subtitles rendered.
We are going to add alternative rendering mechanism in the future.

Thank you for investigating this problem! I'm relieved that there's nothing wrong with my particular device and looking forward to the alternative rendering mechanism then.
7th March 2020, 11:30 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have problem to drawings on MX player I don't know why but my account have 108 ₹ on account please give me a valuable resion
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)