FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Solved] CJK characters should not be rotated in horizontal writing SSA subtitles

19 posts
Thanks Meter: 4
 
By yjcbn, Junior Member on 13th May 2017, 02:09 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
For details and rules of horizontal writing (which use in east Asia countries a lot), please read the Wikipedia.

Here are 2 screenshots taken in Mx Player Pro version 1.8.20, as you see, CJK characters in the SSA subtitles have been rotated:



Other video player like Potplayer or mpv-win doesn't have the problem. Here's a screenshot taken in mpv-win:
 
 
13th May 2017, 03:52 AM |#2  
Thirumalai.K's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Tamilnadu
Thanks Meter: 3,984
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yjcbn

For details and rules of horizontal writing (which use in east Asia countries a lot), please read the Wikipedia.

Here are 2 screenshots taken in Mx Player Pro version 1.8.20, as you see, CJK characters in the SSA subtitles have been rotated:



Other video player like Potplayer or mpv-win doesn't have the problem. Here's a screenshot taken in mpv-win:

Can you provide a sample clip or link to the specific file...?
If you can share it publicly, you can send it by PM
13th May 2017, 04:41 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirumalai.K

Can you provide a sample clip or link to the specific file...?
If you can share it publicly, you can send it by PM

I uploaded one SSA subtitle here: https://mega.nz/#!txpjUJTY!F2dYG8uq7...w7v8U_YP7wEXRU
Check 3:14~3:24 and 22:41~23:46.
13th May 2017, 03:02 PM |#4  
Thirumalai.K's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Tamilnadu
Thanks Meter: 3,984
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yjcbn

I uploaded one SSA subtitle here: https://mega.nz/#!txpjUJTY!F2dYG8uq7...w7v8U_YP7wEXRU
Check 3:14~3:24 and 22:41~23:46.

Goto Settings > Subtitles > text & disable "ignore fonts specified in ssa". It should work now.

Infact It's disabled by default. You might have enabled it.

It look like the rendering is rotated when MX Player uses other fonts​ instead of the one from ssa. We will improve it in future.
13th May 2017, 03:12 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirumalai.K

Goto Settings > Subtitles > text & disable "ignore fonts specified in ssa". It should work now.

Infact It's disabled by default. You might have enabled it.

It look like the rendering is rotated when MX Player uses other fonts​ instead of the one from ssa. We will improve it in future.

Yes, I enabled it. Because if not, it takes a long time to cache the font.

P.s. The SSA is just a few KBs large, I don't think it can contain a CJK font in it. So where do Mx Player cache the font? Mx Player never successfully to play a video with CJK SSA subtitle on my device if I don't enable that option, it just keep caching the font for a long time (Once I waited 30~40 minutes, but it still keeps caching. Is it really caching the font?)
17th May 2017, 11:39 AM |#6  
Thirumalai.K's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Tamilnadu
Thanks Meter: 3,984
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yjcbn

Yes, I enabled it. Because if not, it takes a long time to cache the font.

P.s. The SSA is just a few KBs large, I don't think it can contain a CJK font in it. So where do Mx Player cache the font? Mx Player never successfully to play a video with CJK SSA subtitle on my device if I don't enable that option, it just keep caching the font for a long time (Once I waited 30~40 minutes, but it still keeps caching. Is it really caching the font?)

It may happen due to font cache corruption or invalid/broken font.
Even if you select "Ignore fonts mentioned in SSA", MX Player will still cache the fonts.
goto settings » general & clear the font cache if the problem persists.
18th May 2017, 09:09 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirumalai.K

It may happen due to font cache corruption or invalid/broken font.
Even if you select "Ignore fonts mentioned in SSA", MX Player will still cache the fonts.
goto settings » general & clear the font cache if the problem persists.

Thanks, this solved the problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to yjcbn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yjcbn Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes