FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

This is a complaint about MX Player Pro

10 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By Dhyfer, Junior Member on 13th January 2020, 12:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This is a complaint, or maybe a claim. I am a bit annoying, because as a user of the MX Player Pro, I see that the free version it is 3 versions up with respect to the payment version, and the fact that the free version is always several advanced versions is what bothers me the most, because I as a user of the Pro version I ask myself: Why does the free version receive updates often while the Pro version receives updates from time to time?

For most apps that have a payment version, his version number is equal or higher with respect to the free version. So now, while the PRO version is in version 1.15.9 it is unfair to see that the free version is in version 1.18.5 or as I said at the beginning 3 versions advanced with respect to the payment version. And could bet that if this doesn't change, for when version 1.18 arrive for the pro version, the free version will already be in version 1.21 or 1.22 or perhaps in a larger number.

Perhaps I invest badly my money at MX Player Pro when I see that the developer has more preference for the users of the free version? Why is MX Player Pro always is for below MX Player Free when it comes to the version number?

It's assumed that users of a payment version of any app are the first to receive updates, but now I see that this doesn't apply for MX Player Pro. 😞
14th January 2020, 03:43 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
I'm making an assumption here, but I think most of their effort goes to the Indian video streaming service which their app is used for in the free version. The pro version doesn't have this service, it's a player only, so it likely does not need updates as often.
16th January 2020, 08:51 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 94

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhyfer

This is a complaint, or maybe a claim. I am a bit annoying, because as a user of the MX Player Pro, I see that the free version it is 3 versions up with respect to the payment version, and the fact that the free version is always several advanced versions is what bothers me the most, because I as a user of the Pro version I ask myself: Why does the free version receive updates often while the Pro version receives updates from time to time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunspark

I'm making an assumption here, but I think most of their effort goes to the Indian video streaming service which their app is used for in the free version. The pro version doesn't have this service, it's a player only, so it likely does not need updates as often.

Thanks for sharing your concerns.
As rightly mentioned by @Sunspark, free version of the MX Player also includes some of our regionally restricted ad-supported services and ad-modules. So, MX Player may not be updated when there is a change related to the modules that only exists on our free version. Also, some new features may initially land on the free version so that we can monitor the stability issues and get it fixed before releasing them to our paid users. However, we will eventually merge all local player-related features to the Pro version once they reach stable level.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)