FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Is there any control over thumbnail creation

11 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By Afuta, Junior Member on 7th July 2017, 06:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I love my MX Player Pro and also use it for my 3 year old son so he can watch movies and tv shows. The only thing I would like to change is the ability to change how the thumbnail for the video is created. Right now it seems that it is a screenshot at a certain time interval.
The problem is that TV series from one show will all have the same thumbnail which is somewhere from the intro. That way my son can't distinguish between the different episodes.

Is it possible to change the way MX Player creates the thumbnails see for instance take a screen halfway through the video?

10th July 2017, 10:03 AM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,008

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afuta

I love my MX Player Pro and also use it for my 3 year old son so he can watch movies and tv shows. The only thing I would like to change is the ability to change how the thumbnail for the video is created. Right now it seems that it is a screenshot at a certain time interval.
The problem is that TV series from one show will all have the same thumbnail which is somewhere from the intro. That way my son can't distinguish between the different episodes.

Is it possible to change the way MX Player creates the thumbnails see for instance take a screen halfway through the video?

We will forward your feedbacks to our developer team.
15th August 2017, 03:57 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirumalai.K

Thanks for that is there any way to track progress on this?
18th August 2017, 07:34 AM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirumalai.K

+1 for this request. Almost all of my kid's thumbnails are of the Disney castle intro
18th August 2017, 08:27 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
I've switched from MX player pro to VLC beta for the time being. The thumbnails there seem to be generated further into the video.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)