Use external subtitle bu default (instead of embedded)

Search This thread

justnewsp

Jul 20, 2011
How can I force MX Player Pro 1.8.8 to always display the external subtitle only, instead of MKV embedded subtitles ?
Looks like lately many MKV files have embedde subtitles - mostly English.
Even tough I have selected Settings > Subtitle > Prefered language: Romanian > I still get the embedded subtitle instead of external one.
I have to go to Subtitles bubble icon, de-select internal, select external, play....

Thirumalai.K

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
How can I force MX Player Pro 1.8.8 to always display the external subtitle only, instead of MKV embedded subtitles ?
Looks like lately many MKV files have embedde subtitles - mostly English.
Even tough I have selected Settings > Subtitle > Prefered language: Romanian > I still get the embedded subtitle instead of external one.
I have to go to Subtitles bubble icon, de-select internal, select external, play....
. The issue is that external subtitle language cannot be detected. Embedded subtitles can have language tag to distinguish between multiple subtitles. So, Preferred subtitles language won't work in this occasion.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

justnewsp

Jul 20, 2011
All right.
But is there a way to prefer external subtitles over internal ones ?
Regardless of language ?
I think some older versions of MX Player had an option to enable/disable embedded subtitles completely.

Of course, I can remove internal subtitles using mkvtoolnix, but I don't always have the time to check the files and remove subtitles.

pixbr

May 17, 2013
Occurs that embedded subs that comes in tv shows, always comes in the same language of the show.. resuming, are closed captions. In that case, external subs are prefered as default.