[FAQ] Purchase History Not Found Error

Search This thread

Avalon

Mar 10, 2015
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
I already paid for Mx player pro on the 4th of May and today when I wanted to reinstall Mx player pro the price was shown again. I tapped it and cancelled it before it could install. The result is that for a second time money is deducted from my bank account AND I'm not able to install Mx player Pro in general anymore due to the error "error, you already own this item". Can you please help me?

Google says that if an order has the status "canceled" (which Mx player Pro in this case has as I don't want to pay twice for an app), no amount has been charged. The difference in my bank account shows otherwise though as the money, is indeed deducted from my account.

Sent from my Xiaomi Mi Mix using XDA Labs

TomaszK1

Nov 23, 2010
Chicago
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I followed instructions on your website, and don't have any issues listed above, but still have the purchase history problem.
I sent you an email, and a fb Messenger message.
I purchased the Pro quite a while ago. Never had a problem before, and used to flash ROMs all the time. This phone is not even rooted.
Email me at Tomasz@CQMail.NET.
Thanks.

There are lot of support requests regarding purchase history not found error. So, I have decided to make a specific thread even though it's already mentioned in FAQ.

If you are facing purchase history error, Kindly go through the following instructions before raising requests.

1. Make sure that you have logged in with mail account which you have used to purchase. If you have logged in with multiple accounts in the mobiles with Old Google Play / Android Market, the account used should be the Primary /First one. It's not applicable for the latest version of Google Play.
  2. If you have installed Lucky Patcher, Kindly disable both Google Billing & License Verification emulations to avoid conflicts. If you still have issues, kindly uninstall and then try again.
  3. Licensing validation is bound with Google Play. So, Disabling or Blocking Google Play will lead to license validation failure.
  4. Sometimes Google Play errors can lead to licensing error. Keep your Google Play updated. If you still have issues, try to clear the Cache of Google Play & Reboot the device.
  5. Ensure the proper network access. It's necessary to connect to the licensing servers for validation.
  6. In most of the cases license will be validated within 1-2 hr. Sometimes it may take up to 24 hrs depends upon the payment method. So, wait for some time before raising the requests.
  7. Dalvik cache modification can cause malfunction. Tools like lucky patcher exploits Dalvik cache. It leaves a garbage file on Dalvik cache after hacking. MX Player Pro will not be installed properly and license check will fail as well if this file is not removed thoroughly.
Even though It is not directly related to license error it's better to keep you aware. If you uninstall the purchased application before Refund period, Google Play tends to cancel the order automatically & process the refund eventhough you haven't opted. Sometimes it may lead to issue. So, never uninstall any application unless you really want to cancel the order.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190412-125916.png
    Screenshot_20190412-125916.png
    39.2 KB · Views: 117
  • Screenshot_20190412-130346.png
    Screenshot_20190412-130346.png
    73.3 KB · Views: 111
  • Screenshot_20190412-131413.png
    Screenshot_20190412-131413.png
    87.2 KB · Views: 116

MXPlayer

Nov 3, 2015
mx.j2inter.com
I followed instructions on your website, and don't have any issues listed above, but still have the purchase history problem.
I sent you an email, and a fb Messenger message.
I purchased the Pro quite a while ago. Never had a problem before, and used to flash ROMs all the time. This phone is not even rooted.
Email me at Tomasz@CQMail.NET.
Thanks.

We regret the inconveniences caused. Based on the information available on Google Play, your account Tomasz@CQMail.NET doesn't have any valid licenses. It seems that you have tried to purchase the app on 13/12/2018, and the transaction was cancelled as the payment was declined by the banker. If you have used a different account to purchase again, please let us know. It will help us to assist you better.

udegbunamchuks

Dec 15, 2013
I purchased this app December 21, 2016 for $5.99 and all of a sudden it's telling me it can't verify my purchase history. What the hell is going on? I've uninstalled the app in hopes it would fix the problem BUT now I don't even see an install button anymore. Do I just go download the pirated version now? :confused: :confused:

my email address is strictlyonlinebiz@gmail.com

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-04-28-18-13-18-822_com.android.vending.png
    Screenshot_2019-04-28-18-13-18-822_com.android.vending.png
    250.8 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

udegbunamchuks

Dec 15, 2013
We regret the inconveniences caused. Based on the information available on Google Play, your account Tomasz@CQMail.NET doesn't have any valid licenses. It seems that you have tried to purchase the app on 13/12/2018, and the transaction was cancelled as the payment was declined by the banker. If you have used a different account to purchase again, please let us know. It will help us to assist you better.

Can you help out with the above complaint? Thanks

MXPlayer

Nov 3, 2015
mx.j2inter.com
I purchased this app December 21, 2016 for $5.99 and all of a sudden it's telling me it can't verify my purchase history. What the hell is going on? I've uninstalled the app in hopes it would fix the problem BUT now I don't even see an install button anymore. Do I just go download the pirated version now? :confused: :confused:

my email address is strictlyonlinebiz@gmail.com

It seems to be a google play related issue. Have you tried the basic troubleshooting steps we have specified?
If you haven't pls try this and report back if it fixes your issues.

1. Uninstall MX Player Pro if you have already installed.
  2. Remove your google account from the device (check settings > accounts (it may vary by device)).
  3. Clear Google Play and Google Play services data.
  4. Add the account again after a reboot.
  5. Now install the app from Google Play and check again.

udegbunamchuks

Dec 15, 2013
It seems to be a google play related issue. Have you tried the basic troubleshooting steps we have specified?
If you haven't pls try this and report back if it fixes your issues.

1. Uninstall MX Player Pro if you have already installed.
  2. Remove your google account from the device (check settings > accounts (it may vary by device)).
  3. Clear Google Play and Google Play services data.
  4. Add the account again after a reboot.
  5. Now install the app from Google Play and check again.

Thanks a lot. This worked. Removing the account was the step I hadn't tried

Last edited:

micgeb

Jun 7, 2016
OnePlus 6T
Google Pixel 6
I purchased the App for few days and now I get a license error. You don't want my money? ?, I refund my money from Google. And now I can use VLC for free.
Good bye.

Btw, I have root and installed xposed, LP and so on. I'm not going to dictate what I'm allowed to install or not. It's up to me what I install. If you don't like that, I must switch to another App.

Last edited:

MXPlayer

Nov 3, 2015
mx.j2inter.com
I use LP for making system app and other things. Not for piratery

We apologize for the delay in our response.
MX Player validates the license through Google Play. It should work until or unless LP or some other xposed modules intercept the license validation calls.
Please disabling the Google Play LVL emulation module on LP and check again. It may fix your issues.

micgeb

Jun 7, 2016
OnePlus 6T
Google Pixel 6
We apologize for the delay in our response.
MX Player validates the license through Google Play. It should work until or unless LP or some other xposed modules intercept the license validation calls.
Please disabling the Google Play LVL emulation module on LP and check again. It may fix your issues.
I don't have Google Play LVL with xposed online. I don't use this feature. For good Apps I paying the sold. Look in the screenshot. Your posting don't help. Sorry

If this work, I am buying the pro again.

Rickytolen84

Jun 15, 2019
I apologize if this is redundant but i paid for mx and have been using it for years now it wants me to pay again. What do i do?

MXPlayer

Nov 3, 2015
mx.j2inter.com
I apologize if this is redundant but i paid for mx and have been using it for years now it wants me to pay again. What do i do?

We regret the inconveniences caused. We have noticed that some of the paid users are facing issues with Google Play. Generally, Google Play won't ask you to buy the app if you have already purchased the same. If it asks, it might be a Google Play bug. Please try the following and check if it fixes your issues.
1. Remove your google account from the device.
2. Clear the Google Play & Google Play services data
3. Add the account again after restarting
If it doesn't help you, please share your details with us at support@mxplayer.in so that we can escalate the same with Google Play support team.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There are lot of support requests regarding purchase history not found error. So, I have decided to make a specific thread even though it's already mentioned in FAQ.

If you are facing purchase history error, Kindly go through the following instructions before raising requests.

1. Make sure that you have logged in with mail account which you have used to purchase. If you have logged in with multiple accounts in the mobiles with Old Google Play / Android Market, the account used should be the Primary /First one. It's not applicable for the latest version of Google Play.
    2. If you have installed Lucky Patcher, Kindly disable both Google Billing & License Verification emulations to avoid conflicts. If you still have issues, kindly uninstall and then try again.
    3. Licensing validation is bound with Google Play. So, Disabling or Blocking Google Play will lead to license validation failure.
    4. Sometimes Google Play errors can lead to licensing error. Keep your Google Play updated. If you still have issues, try to clear the Cache of Google Play & Reboot the device.
    5. Ensure the proper network access. It's necessary to connect to the licensing servers for validation.
    6. In most of the cases license will be validated within 1-2 hr. Sometimes it may take up to 24 hrs depends upon the payment method. So, wait for some time before raising the requests.
    7. Dalvik cache modification can cause malfunction. Tools like lucky patcher exploits Dalvik cache. It leaves a garbage file on Dalvik cache after hacking. MX Player Pro will not be installed properly and license check will fail as well if this file is not removed thoroughly.
    Even though It is not directly related to license error it's better to keep you aware. If you uninstall the purchased application before Refund period, Google Play tends to cancel the order automatically & process the refund eventhough you haven't opted. Sometimes it may lead to issue. So, never uninstall any application unless you really want to cancel the order.
    I was on vacation in africa, and no internet available - so of course this **** happens: MX Player stopped working on the tablet with error "Purchase History Not Found Error".
    That is an absolute NO-GO!

Unfortunatelly, I haven't found an equal alternative up to now - but better an 'not so good' player which is working instead of an top player created by an obviously selfish developer which then refuses to operate.

EDIT/UPDATE
    I apologize for above harsh comment- after reviewing the circumstances, the license issue was maybe caused by myself (see following comment from "ktsamy").
    Just one note to myself: Don't fiddle around with Google Playstore if you do not have an internet connection...
    I was on vacation in africa, and no internet available - so of course this **** happens: MX Player stopped working on the tablet with error "Purchase History Not Found Error".
    That is an absolute NO-GO!

I strongly recommend not to use MX Player, or you are lost in case you rely on that piece of software.
    Unfortunatelly, I haven't found an equal alternative up to now - but better an 'not so good' player which is working instead of an top player created by an obviously selfish developer which then refuses to operate.
    Once it's activated, it will work until or unless Google Play license check reverts with unlicensed. One of my mobile is most of time in offline mode. But, still it works without any issue.

You need a working internet connection to activate once. Probably you might have cleared mx player data. if you clear the data of mx player, you will need the internet connection again.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk
    I'm receiving a popup message when I'm not connected to the internet that says: "The purchase history of this product cannot be found. Please check the internet connection and try again. Press the button below to open the product purchase page.":)

Once it's activated, It will show the error only when the Google Play or MX Player server rejects the validation request. One of my device is not connected to internet on 99% of the time. But, never encountered the issue.

When you have internet, Goto Menu >> Help >> About. It will show as activated. If it's showing as activated, Then you can use it offline. Don't clear the application data when you are offline. It will clear the mx player data files including license status. If you clear the data, you may need internet connection once to activate again.