[Feature Request] Turn off screen whilst screen mirroring.

Search This thread

pinkbecca

Sep 26, 2015
this is the best player ever, I'm so happy the latest version has speed control, I would like to request an option to turn off the screen of the phone whilst screen mirroring/miracast. thanks.

josuearisty

Dec 4, 2010
Somewhere!
this is the best player ever, I'm so happy the latest version has speed control, I would like to request an option to turn off the screen of the phone whilst screen mirroring/miracast. thanks.
What we really need is chromecast support!

So far the only app playing AVI it is Google Photos!

We need this app to support chromecast as soon as possible!

Enviado desde mi XT1096 mediante Tapatalk

pinkbecca

Sep 26, 2015
any news on this?, I love watching on my TV screen mirroring from my phone, please add the option to screen mirror whilst the screen display is off or make it go dark totally, when I screen mirror with VLC android it turns off the screen but MX player is much better and I would prefer to use it for HD videos, there's no point in watching on TV and my phone is showing the video at the same time, please make this happen.

Bare7a

Dec 15, 2015
I am looking forward for this feauture as well to be implemented. Right now I am able to turn off my screen using a third party application which turns off my phone's screen with the proximity sensor but keeps the video playing on my TV, the only problem is that for some reason the subtitles "hang" exactly when the phone's screen is turned off..
Example: I turn off the screen while the subtitles say "Hello" and this "Hello" message will stay there until the video finishes or I turn on my phone's screen again. It will be better if MX Player had an option (for example a button) which turns "off" the screen, and turns it "on" on tapping or double tapping the screen again, so we don't need any third party apps to achieve this result.

Last edited:

Flame Red

I am looking forward for this feauture as well to be implemented. Right now I am able to turn off my screen using a third party application which turns off my phone's screen with the proximity sensor but keeps the video playing on my TV, the only problem is that for some reason the subtitles "hang" exactly when the phone's screen is turned off..
Example: I turn off the screen while the subtitles say "Hello" and this "Hello" message will stay there until the video finishes or I turn on my phone's screen again. It will be better if MX Player had an option (for example a button) which turns "off" the screen, and turns it "on" on tapping or double tapping the screen again, so we don't need any third party apps to achieve this result.

What 3rd Party Software do you use to turn off your screen?

any news on this?, I love watching on my TV screen mirroring from my phone, please add the option to screen mirror whilst the screen display is off or make it go dark totally, when I screen mirror with VLC android it turns off the screen but MX player is much better and I would prefer to use it for HD videos, there's no point in watching on TV and my phone is showing the video at the same time, please make this happen.

I would also like to know if this feature has been implemented yet?

When I play video with MX Player, connected to my TV via HDMI cable, everything play's fine but screen on my tablet stays ON. Even after choosing Background Play from the menu, the screen stays ON.

If I use the UHD Player(stock and suck(because I can't choose what to play next and it has no settings)) then the screen turn OFF. Please add this feature in MX player, people have been asking for this since 2015 and had this problem since 2012!

JBJ

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I believe that proper UI for screen minorring -- including HDMI out, Miracast, Chromecast -- might be supported in early version of 1.8.x
    Excellent! Thank you very much!

Will we be able to cast avi videos?

Enviado desde mi XT1096 mediante Tapatalk
    It is just in technical review stage but will be supported whatever.
    And If casting is supported only on limited number of container formats, it would be hard to be called "supported". :)
    has this been implemented?
    I am using Proximity Service (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ss.proximityservice), another alternative to it is Black Screen Of Life (http://bsol.derpdeveloper.com) which works too, but I prefer the first one. They are doing the same thing and both have problems with the subtitles ( I think it's a problem from MX Player since the video doesn't have any problems).