FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Feature Request] Repeat by default and play folder content (via intents)

34 posts
Thanks Meter: 7
 
By fredddii, Member on 14th August 2019, 10:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I am trying to automate video playing and I have two things I would like to have in MX Player:

- Be able to specify folders via Android intents and play all contents (like VLC for Android supports)
- Repeat the content by default (introduce a setting to repeat by default perhaps)

Thank you kindly in advance.
 
 
20th August 2019, 06:17 PM |#2  
MXPlayer's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 78
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredddii

I am trying to automate video playing and I have two things I would like to have in MX Player:

- Be able to specify folders via Android intents and play all contents (like VLC for Android supports)
- Repeat the content by default (introduce a setting to repeat by default perhaps)

Thank you kindly in advance.

By Default, MX Player will play all the files in the same folder. If you are facing any issues, please provide us with more information so that we can assist you better.
20th August 2019, 06:43 PM |#3  
fredddii's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXPlayer

By Default, MX Player will play all the files in the same folder. If you are facing any issues, please provide us with more information so that we can assist you better.

I work with completely unattended and automated devices. The file names change periodically. They are downloaded via Google Drive. This is why I can not launch MX Player with a file name.

VLC allows me to target folders to launch with but currently does not remember the repeat option.

This is why I am hoping for MX Player to maybe implement "playing folders" and permanent repeat option (either via Android intent, or a permanent setting).
21st August 2019, 12:11 PM |#4  
MXPlayer's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 78
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredddii

I work with completely unattended and automated devices. The file names change periodically. They are downloaded via Google Drive. This is why I can not launch MX Player with a file name.
VLC allows me to target folders to launch with but currently does not remember the repeat option.
This is why I am hoping for MX Player to maybe implement "playing folders" and permanent repeat option (either via Android intent, or a permanent setting).

Thanks for the details.
Unfortunately, MX Player doesn't support playback of folders at the moment. However, we will share this with our development team for further review.
21st August 2019, 05:32 PM |#5  
fredddii's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXPlayer

Thanks for the details.
Unfortunately, MX Player doesn't support playback of folders at the moment. However, we will share this with our development team for further review.

Could you also consider a permanent repeat option? That stays forever until the user decides to disable it again?
22nd August 2019, 02:27 PM |#6  
MXPlayer's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 78
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredddii

Could you also consider a permanent repeat option? That stays forever until the user decides to disable it again?

MX Player remembers loop option across sessions. If you are facing any issues, please provide us with more details so that we can assist you better.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes