[Feedback Request] Feedback & Suggestions on new icon

What do you think about the new icon?

• Total voters
Search This thread

Thirumalai.K

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
MX Player developer has updated MX Player icon in the latest test build 1.7.36.nightly.20150113.

attachment.php

I think it's better to go for a public poll for the feedback before making it as a final.
So, I have created this new thread exclusively for Icon.

Kindly use this thread for you feedback & suggestions.

Attachments

• icon.png
    icon.png
    16.3 KB · Views: 9,658
Last edited:

dhruvdave

Jun 8, 2014
MX Player developer has updated MX Player icon in the latest test build 1.7.36.nightly.20150113.

I think it's better to go for a public poll for the feedback before making it as a final.

I liked old icon more

Reactions: a-raccoon

aldyu

Jun 21, 2012
I like the new icon but I think it would be better if make the blue darker or add some color variation, take an inspiration of the muzei icon, see attached.

Attachments

• muzei.png
    muzei.png
    33.8 KB · Views: 142

JosephRaphael

Nov 2, 2013
NJ
Icon Design Suggestions

I made some versions of the icon with darker blue color and variant shadow effects.

1-
mx_new.png

2-
mx_new_2.png

3-
mx_new_3.png

4-
mx_new_5.png

5-
mx_new_6.png

Attachments

• mx_new.png
    mx_new.png
    45.1 KB · Views: 130
  • mx_new_2.png
    mx_new_2.png
    35.1 KB · Views: 119
  • mx_new_3.png
    mx_new_3.png
    35.9 KB · Views: 128
  • mx_new_5.png
    mx_new_5.png
    59.8 KB · Views: 133
  • mx_new_6.png
    mx_new_6.png
    64.4 KB · Views: 147
Reactions: #sharath

Zyphur

Oct 7, 2011
Toronto
www.youtube.com
I like material version of old one, or #3 posted above the best. I think the new one is too flat/dull. Needs some darker colors and something to make the play triangle stick out more.

dalukens

Jan 20, 2015
Doesn't look like everything else.

MX Player's old icon looked similar to many others- particularly PowerAmp, which I also use. Maybe a black border around the blue button?

G

GuestK0036

For comparison purposes, here's what a material version of the old icon colours would look like:
I like this dark Material icon! Because too many blue icons in my drawer (attached screenshot), stop with this color please. :eek:
It would be possible to allow choose between this darker icon and current icon in settings @bleu8888?

BTW current icon is too flat, need to add a shadow effect.
Thanks!

Last edited:

aldomann

Jan 24, 2015
I've carefully created a few versions of the icon redesign following Material Design guidelines (some of the examples above don't follow them at all, which is precisely what we want to avoid). I did my best in creating the proper shadows, highlights and everything:
rect4602.png

Two iterations on both play symbol (both original from the current icon and system play icon in Lollipop) and colours (current [kinda, as it wasn't fully material, actually] and former MXPlayer colours).

I hope you like them.

Reactions: Spincervino
G

GuestK0036

I've carefully created a few versions of the icon redesign following Material Design guidelines (some of the examples above don't follow them at all, which is precisely what we want to avoid). I did my best in creating the proper shadows, highlights and everything:
rect4602.png

Two iterations on both play symbol (both original from the current icon and system play icon in Lollipop) and colours (current [kinda, as it wasn't fully material, actually] and former MXPlayer colours).

I hope you like them.
Nice job, for blue icons it's possible to replace the white color by the dark color?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For comparison purposes, here's what a material version of the old icon colours would look like:

attachment.php

This is how new and old icon look in Lollipop. (Catpured from Nexus 5 5.0.2)
    attachment.php

I liked old icon more
    Icon Design Suggestions

I made some versions of the icon with darker blue color and variant shadow effects.

1-
    mx_new.png

2-
    mx_new_2.png

3-
    mx_new_3.png

4-
    mx_new_5.png

5-
    mx_new_6.png