FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Showbox and MX Player

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By capo489, Junior Member on 19th February 2015, 08:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
So I use showbox constantly and today there was an update and now I can no longer use showbox with all cast it made me download mx player. OK so no problem but there is no casting option for mx player? What kind of a mobile player doesn't have casting options these days? I even bought the premium one hoping that there was a casting option on that. I hope I'm doing something wrong but please I want to be able to cast movies to my roku and my chromecast and now I can't and what's worse I can't even use showbox anymore.

21st February 2015, 05:06 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 264

More
MX Player doesn't yet support casting; I'm not sure why Showbox would select MX Player as the default. If anything, you should ask the developers of Showbox why they would make such a change.
The Following User Says Thank You to CDB-Man For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CDB-Man Ad-Free
22nd February 2015, 03:07 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
showbox mx player work around
I have a fix it's not perfect but it works. Open showbox and click download for the movie you want once it is downloaded open your file manager then internal storage and locate showbox folder. Once in that folder long press the file you downloaded it will be an mp4 file, select move then move to your video folder on device. After it is complete open allcast and select device then choose gallery and find the video, then you can play the movie on your supported device. I start downloading the next movie I want to watch in showbox in the background while watching the one that I just completed. Its not simple but it works
The Following User Says Thank You to Jdmccall02 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jdmccall02 Ad-Free
25th February 2015, 12:00 AM |#4  
Flag Birmingham

More
Nope you're doing nothing wrong. There is in fact no Chromecast support built into MX Player which I for one think is absolutely crazy. The developer of MX Player keeps banging on about transcoding which I for one think is a ridiculous excuse considering how any other apps on the Play Store supports Chromecast casting...
25th February 2015, 01:15 AM |#5  
Flag Saint-Petersburg
Thanks Meter: 26

More
How is it crazy? Casting and playing video are completely different tasks that have nothing in common. You don't expect ftp-server functionality from media player, right? And chromecast is exactly the same thing.
25th February 2015, 12:10 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
work around
Quote:
Originally Posted by capo489

So I use showbox constantly and today there was an update and now I can no longer use showbox with all cast it made me download mx player. OK so no problem but there is no casting option for mx player? What kind of a mobile player doesn't have casting options these days? I even bought the premium one hoping that there was a casting option on that. I hope I'm doing something wrong but please I want to be able to cast movies to my roku and my chromecast and now I can't and what's worse I can't even use showbox anymore.

I've had exactly the same problem, but what I came up with was to play using MX player on device but then go to Chromecast app and cast screen, this works, the only problem is that it plays on the device as well as the TV, but it works. If you have lollipop you can cast screen from the settings menu also.
26th February 2015, 03:53 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Storage Use The Chromecast App
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebsy2000

I've had exactly the same problem, but what I came up with was to play using MX player on device but then go to Chromecast app and cast screen, this works, the only problem is that it plays on the device as well as the TV, but it works. If you have lollipop you can cast screen from the settings menu also.

We are all used to just bypassing the Chromecast App using a myriad of casting applications, with Allcast being the front runner, to push our videos from various sources. Thanks to the developer of a certain app...we were forced to download MX Player which eliminates casting abilities. I say...hahahaha..

JUST GO TO YOUR CHROMECAST APP....MENU...MIRROR SCREEN.

Watch the video through MX Player... But let the Chromecast connect to your device to mirror what you are seeing.bit works flawlessly....just watched Interstellar
28th February 2015, 10:28 AM |#8  

More
Talking done with showbox
I just installed HD cinema APK and it works beautifully with allcast. So for me so long showbox. Easy to switch apps
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jdmccall02 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jdmccall02 Ad-Free
1st March 2015, 02:16 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Cool #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterasimpson

Nope you're doing nothing wrong. There is in fact no Chromecast support built into MX Player which I for one think is absolutely crazy. The developer of MX Player keeps banging on about transcoding which I for one think is a ridiculous excuse considering how any other apps on the Play Store supports Chromecast casting...

There is no chromecast support built into mx player. However within mx player, if you click on the three vertical dots (the settings) on the top right of the player, then tools, and then share. You are able to share the current video playing, for example to allcast or localcast which allows you to stream to your chromecast. That was one of my workarounds for the annoying partnership between showbox and mxplayer. One other way was by installing an older version apk of showbox, which is perfectly fine apart from the fact that it requests for you to update the app every time you open the app.
I just think that HD Cinema doesn't have nearly enough content as showbox. Especially the tv shows, where HD Cinema is quite behind. That is just what I think. Please let me know if there's anyone who is using any other apps to watch their movies and tv shows.
I hope I helped
The Following User Says Thank You to hmemon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hmemon Ad-Free
1st March 2015, 02:44 AM |#10  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_White_Hatter

We are all used to just bypassing the Chromecast App using a myriad of casting applications, with Allcast being the front runner, to push our videos from various sources. Thanks to the developer of a certain app...we were forced to download MX Player which eliminates casting abilities. I say...hahahaha..

JUST GO TO YOUR CHROMECAST APP....MENU...MIRROR SCREEN.

Watch the video through MX Player... But let the Chromecast connect to your device to mirror what you are seeing.bit works flawlessly....just watched Interstellar

Barely any devices support screen casting, so this is not a viable solution.
and I don't know wtf Jdmccall02 is on about, how does HD cinema help when you can no longer choose which app to stream to.. I'm guessing you haven't updated.
If you go back to an old version of showbox, you get the 'this video is available yet' problem on 90% of the videos.

Going to 1 star mx tards
2nd March 2015, 06:41 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I don't know if you've seen this yet.. but here's a fix from the developer of Allcast. I tried it and it works.

http://www.reddit.com/r/showbox/comm..._able_to_cast/

1. Uninstall MXPlayer
2. Make sure you install Growbox and run that first.
3. Make sure you install the beta version of Allcast (the one in the link on Reddit).
3. Showbox will now ask you which app you want to stream with.. choose Allcast.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dieselstation For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dieselstation Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)