[Q] Showbox and MX Player

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By capo489, Junior Member on 19th February 2015, 08:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd March 2015, 06:41 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I don't know if you've seen this yet.. but here's a fix from the developer of Allcast. I tried it and it works.

http://www.reddit.com/r/showbox/comm..._able_to_cast/

1. Uninstall MXPlayer
2. Make sure you install Growbox and run that first.
3. Make sure you install the beta version of Allcast (the one in the link on Reddit).
3. Showbox will now ask you which app you want to stream with.. choose Allcast.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dieselstation For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dieselstation Ad-Free

4th March 2015, 01:55 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 122

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselstation

I don't know if you've seen this yet.. but here's a fix from the developer of Allcast. I tried it and it works.

http://www.reddit.com/r/showbox/comm..._able_to_cast/

1. Uninstall MXPlayer
2. Make sure you install Growbox and run that first.
3. Make sure you install the beta version of Allcast (the one in the link on Reddit).
3. Showbox will now ask you which app you want to stream with.. choose Allcast.

Already tried that fix and it works also I reinstalled mx player (1.7.32) and it still works.
5th March 2015, 11:00 AM |#13  

More
Thumbs up showbox fix
I have tried the same instruction after installing growbox app its all working big thanks to big man who developed growbox and to the man who shared it good work guys.

BIG Thanks
6th March 2015, 08:25 AM |#14  
Flag London UK
Thanks Meter: 30

More
So far I think the most practical option is to install the version available online 3.84.
As yet, no issue found with the older version but with multiple benefits.
6th March 2015, 04:20 PM |#15  
Flag saint cloud , Florida
Thanks Meter: 95

More
older versions
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterpfa

So far I think the most practical option is to install the version available online 3.84.
As yet, no issue found with the older version but with multiple benefits.

With older versions like 3.84 you get "video unavailable" with ALL new movies and shows.
9th March 2015, 08:09 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 264

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_White_Hatter

JUST GO TO YOUR CHROMECAST APP....MENU...MIRROR SCREEN.

Watch the video through MX Player... But let the Chromecast connect to your device to mirror what you are seeing.bit works flawlessly....just watched Interstellar

Now here's a good idea.
The Following User Says Thank You to CDB-Man For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CDB-Man Ad-Free
15th March 2015, 12:23 PM |#17  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by capo489

So I use showbox constantly and today there was an update and now I can no longer use showbox with all cast it made me download mx player. OK so no problem but there is no casting option for mx player? What kind of a mobile player doesn't have casting options these days? I even bought the premium one hoping that there was a casting option on that. I hope I'm doing something wrong but please I want to be able to cast movies to my roku and my chromecast and now I can't and what's worse I can't even use showbox anymore.

Uninstall mx player and download and growbox! Works as before!!!
17th March 2015, 11:53 AM |#18  

More
Video Open in MX and then share
I always used LocalCast directly from ShowBox to cast to my Chromecast so I was a bit miffed when it started only playing in MX Player, but I just read on Reddit that if you let it open in MX Player, whilst it doesn't have a cast option, you can then click the options menu and 'share' then you'll get the option to open the stream in Local Cast or Allcast or whatever you choose to use and it apparently works a treat.

I'll be trying this tonight.

Does anyone know why Showbox did this though?
2nd April 2015, 01:49 AM |#19  

More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by capo489

So I use showbox constantly and today there was an update and now I can no longer use showbox with all cast it made me download mx player. OK so no problem but there is no casting option for mx player? What kind of a mobile player doesn't have casting options these days? I even bought the premium one hoping that there was a casting option on that. I hope I'm doing something wrong but please I want to be able to cast movies to my roku and my chromecast and now I can't and what's worse I can't even use showbox anymore.

I had same problem I now use Firefox download Firefox beta for roku and your phone you can send any mp4 video from your phone to your roku the Firefox app will hold ten videos on your roku so you can push videos to you roku without playing them on your phone cue video the push screen then send to device I use watchseried.to for any TV programming and ultra-vid.com for movies ultra gets movies before most VIP movie sites the best links that work with roku vodlocker,videoweed,vidtome,best streams,movshare,now video vshare,videgg,goog,le,faststream hope this helps I paid £50 for my roku and can watch anything on the net for free no hastle hope this helps
26th April 2015, 01:53 PM |#20  
Flag Washington D.C.
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdmccall02

I just installed HD cinema APK and it works beautifully with allcast. So for me so long showbox. Easy to switch apps

Perfect! Installed and it casts. Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to rsmiff For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rsmiff Ad-Free
10th May 2015, 02:34 PM |#21  

More
How to cast showbox to Chromecast alternative
Quote:
Originally Posted by behelit

Barely any devices support screen casting, so this is not a viable solution.
and I don't know wtf Jdmccall02 is on about, how does HD cinema help when you can no longer choose which app to stream to.. I'm guessing you haven't updated.
If you go back to an old version of showbox, you get the 'this video is available yet' problem on 90% of the videos.

Going to 1 star mx tards

I was having problems since showbox upgraded and couldn't use local cast anymore. What worked for me was to uninstall MX player and then download and install Grow box APK from Google and then when selecting external player on showbox,local cast will appwar
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)