FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

No hardware decoding on H96 Max

16 posts
Thanks Meter: 6
 
By IevgenSobko, Junior Member on 13th February 2018, 12:53 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi.

Recently bought H96 Max TV-Box and installed MX Player Pro on it.
But player can't play HEVC H265 videos in HW mode.
When trying to switch to HW mode it says it is not supported.
HW+ option is greyed out(not available) at all.
Currently using SW method but video playback is very bad with this method and it is impossible to watch with this method.
TV-Box based on RK3399 processor that claims full H265 hardware decoding support and I know it does because built in players can handle this file without problem with smooth playback.
How can I get smooth hardware decoding in player at this device?
 
 
10th March 2018, 07:23 PM |#2  
biobio76's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 570
 
Donate to Me
More
hi, I'm going to receive this TV Box as well,
have you solved this problem? I'm a bit afraid of that...
12th March 2018, 07:44 AM |#3  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,089
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IevgenSobko

Hi.

Recently bought H96 Max TV-Box and installed MX Player Pro on it.
But player can't play HEVC H265 videos in HW mode.
When trying to switch to HW mode it says it is not supported.
HW+ option is greyed out(not available) at all.
Currently using SW method but video playback is very bad with this method and it is impossible to watch with this method.
TV-Box based on RK3399 processor that claims full H265 hardware decoding support and I know it does because built in players can handle this file without problem with smooth playback.
How can I get smooth hardware decoding in player at this device?

Quote:
Originally Posted by biobio76

hi, I'm going to receive this TV Box as well,
have you solved this problem? I'm a bit afraid of that...

Kindly share the bug report collected from MX Player help menu.
until or unless you share the bug report collected from MX Player, it's very difficult to identify the actual issue.
15th March 2018, 06:56 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirumalai.K

Kindly share the bug report collected from MX Player help menu.
until or unless you share the bug report collected from MX Player, it's very difficult to identify the actual issue.

See attached zip file
Attached Files
File Type: zip report_2018-03-15_194819.zip - [Click for QR Code] (12.7 KB, 38 views)
2nd April 2018, 02:53 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I've been trying to get Amazon Prime Video to run on mine but it crashes every time, Android 7.1..2
21st April 2018, 09:01 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
@Thirumalai.K any update on this?
21st April 2018, 09:39 AM |#7  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,089
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IevgenSobko

@Thirumalai.K any update on this?

Hi,

Actually, the issue is that system decoders in your device do not report that they can support HEVC 10bit profiles. So, MX Player does not try the hardware accelerated playbacks as several devices are known to crash when force decoding 10bit HEVC & H.264.

Based on some feedbacks from the users like you, we have decided to make this logic as optional. From 1.9.19, even if the device doesn't explicitly report it's capabilities, MX Player will list the HEVC 10bit & H264 10bit on HW+ Video Codecs list on Settings > Decoder. It can be enabled with a warning. Once you enable the HEVC 10bit or H.264 10bit, it will be tried in both HW & HW+.

We have already started rolling out the new version in stages. If you haven't received yet, you can manually grab the apk from our wesite & try yourself. Kindly leave a feedback after testing the same in your device.
21st April 2018, 10:08 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirumalai.K

Hi,

Actually, the issue is that system decoders in your device do not report that they can support HEVC 10bit profiles. So, MX Player does not try the hardware accelerated playbacks as several devices are known to crash when force decoding 10bit HEVC & H.264.

Based on some feedbacks from the users like you, we have decided to make this logic as optional. From 1.9.19, even if the device doesn't explicitly report it's capabilities, MX Player will list the HEVC 10bit & H264 10bit on HW+ Video Codecs list on Settings > Decoder. It can be enabled with a warning. Once you enable the HEVC 10bit or H.264 10bit, it will be tried in both HW & HW+.

We have already started rolling out the new version in stages. If you haven't received yet, you can manually grab the apk from our wesite & try yourself. Kindly leave a feedback after testing the same in your device.

Just tried 1.9.19 and it works Thanks for implementing this. Will wait it to appear in Google Play Store for Pro version that I have purchased.
22nd April 2018, 03:44 AM |#9  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,089
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IevgenSobko

Just tried 1.9.19 and it works Thanks for implementing this. Will wait it to appear in Google Play Store for Pro version that I have purchased.

As we are rolling out in a stages, it may take a while. If Google Play is not yet showing the update, youn download the same from our website (http://mx.j2inter.com)
22nd April 2018, 07:39 AM |#10  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirumalai.K

As we are rolling out in a stages, it may take a while. If Google Play is not yet showing the update, youn download the same from our website (http://mx.j2inter.com)

Many thanks. Somehow missed link to player web site in Google Application Store. Downloaded PRO beta from there.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes