FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor View 10

hw decoder jittery playback on axon 7

31 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By gmanhatesu, Member on 2nd January 2018, 05:19 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
hello everyone, whenever i play a video in mxplayer on my axon 7 i get jittery playback when using the hw and hw+ decoders. strangely when i switch my cpu governor to conservative or ondemand the issue dissapears and playback is smooth, but when using interactive the issue reappears. why could this be?? thanks for the help ive included a log aswell
Attached Files
File Type: zip report_2018-01-01_231526_(1)[1].zip - [Click for QR Code] (8.2 KB, 32 views)

2nd January 2018, 12:50 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,045

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmanhatesu

hello everyone, whenever i play a video in mxplayer on my axon 7 i get jittery playback when using the hw and hw+ decoders. strangely when i switch my cpu governor to conservative or ondemand the issue dissapears and playback is smooth, but when using interactive the issue reappears. why could this be?? thanks for the help ive included a log aswell

both HW & HW+ are using decoders available on the system. Probably, when the interactive governor is used, it limits the performance of the decoders or it doesn't increase the clock speed when it's required.
2nd January 2018, 10:28 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirumalai.K

both HW & HW+ are using decoders available on the system. Probably, when the interactive governor is used, it limits the performance of the decoders or it doesn't increase the clock speed when it's required.

so its something zte would have to fix, its weird vlc and mxplayer both have the same cpu usage but vlc is smooth, mxplayer is only smooth when i switch governors.in any event thanks for the help.
8th January 2018, 07:37 AM |#4  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:

so its something zte would have to fix, its weird vlc and mxplayer both have the same cpu usage but vlc is smooth, mxplayer is only smooth when i switch governors.in any event thanks for the help.

can just connect the device in debug mode and collect the logs from both VLC & MX for the playback of the same file?
It will help us to understand the issue better.

what about SW decoder in MX?
11th January 2018, 12:01 PM |#5  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:

Hi,

Can you try HW+ decoder on the test build which I have shared through PM?
14th January 2018, 01:43 AM |#6  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirumalai.K

Hi,

Can you try HW+ decoder on the test build which I have shared through PM?

i did the issue persists
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)