FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

HW+ only plays audio in stereo

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By arindamchoudhury, Junior Member on 10th February 2017, 10:56 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

I recently bought MX player pro. I use it in nvidia shield 2017.

I have also installed the https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...pport-t2156254 codec.

when I use hw+ decoder, my onkyo HT-S3800 produces stereo sound.

Thanks
 
 
11th February 2017, 05:10 PM |#2  
Thirumalai.K's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,032
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arindamchoudhury

Hi,

I recently bought MX player pro. I use it in nvidia shield 2017.

I have also installed the https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...pport-t2156254 codec.

when I use hw+ decoder, my onkyo HT-S3800 produces stereo sound.

Thanks

It's intended behaviour. In fact it downsample to stereo as multi track audio out put was the only available on older Android versions.

Our development team is actively working on audio pass through to pass original audio to external device. Once it's implemented, you will be able to pass the true 5.1 to your external system.
6th November 2017, 09:46 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag Selden
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Any update on this? Shield built-in player is passing AAC 5.1 audio just fine but not MX Pro.
8th November 2017, 05:33 AM |#4  
Thirumalai.K's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,032
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rraquib

Any update on this? Shield built-in player is passing AAC 5.1 audio just fine but not MX Pro.

Have you tried 1.9.10 with HW+ or SW?
In 1.9.10, if the HDMI receiver (Amplifier) reports the capability of AAC decoding it should use passthrough mode.
14th November 2017, 04:16 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I am experiencing the same problem with 1.9.10 as the others. In HW, digital audio is successfully passed through to ext HDMI receiver successfully, but once in HW+, only stereo is passed through. Is there anyway to force audio passthrough in HW+ mode regardless whether MX can detect the HDMI audio capability of the receiver or not? The issue is of course video plays well and without stuttering in HW+ mode.
16th November 2017, 04:14 AM |#6  
Thirumalai.K's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,032
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xentos88

I am experiencing the same problem with 1.9.10 as the others. In HW, digital audio is successfully passed through to ext HDMI receiver successfully, but once in HW+, only stereo is passed through. Is there anyway to force audio passthrough in HW+ mode regardless whether MX can detect the HDMI audio capability of the receiver or not? The issue is of course video plays well and without stuttering in HW+ mode.

HW decoder is using mediaplayer implementation which is built on the system itself. So, audio passthrough is done by the system itself. Third-party apps mostly depend on the APIs provided by android. They can't directly access the hardware. MX Player will try to detect the capability of the HDMI receiver. If it's not supported or not reporting properly, then Audio pass-through won't be used.

Can you play the video on both HW, HW+ decoder & collect complete system logs using logcat?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes