FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Mts File streaming over http having minor problem

8 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By jameskyer, Junior Member on 14th July 2017, 07:34 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
Hi, I am helping out a math instructor to let his students watch videos that he recorded during class on their own phones, tablets.
And i found that the video format is MTS.
I got a internal network http file server system running and mounted all the files, mp4 file streams are looking good with MX player.
But when I attempt to open a link that refers to MTS files, they do not stream. They just download on the phones.
And it seems like it works when I paste the url on the app manually, but does not when I click the link on the browser... So I assume it is a problem that the browser cannot handle MTS files as video formats...

Q.Can I modify the browser(I'm using chrome, but I can let the students use any other apps) by some settings to associate the MTS file links to MX player?

P.S. I was not allowed to encode the files to any another formats, because those files need to be big enough (so nobody else could steal them easily&sneaky, the instructor is selling those videos to non-students, so stealing would be a big problem.), and all the computers they have literally suck at encoding. (Probably 1 : 2 / video runtime : rendering time ratio, even the server sucks.)

Sorry for the poor grammar and thank you!

18th July 2017, 09:33 AM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,007

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameskyer

Hi, I am helping out a math instructor to let his students watch videos that he recorded during class on their own phones, tablets.
And i found that the video format is MTS.
I got a internal network http file server system running and mounted all the files, mp4 file streams are looking good with MX player.
But when I attempt to open a link that refers to MTS files, they do not stream. They just download on the phones.
And it seems like it works when I paste the url on the app manually, but does not when I click the link on the browser... So I assume it is a problem that the browser cannot handle MTS files as video formats...

Q.Can I modify the browser(I'm using chrome, but I can let the students use any other apps) by some settings to associate the MTS file links to MX player?

P.S. I was not allowed to encode the files to any another formats, because those files need to be big enough (so nobody else could steal them easily&sneaky, the instructor is selling those videos to non-students, so stealing would be a big problem.), and all the computers they have literally suck at encoding. (Probably 1 : 2 / video runtime : rendering time ratio, even the server sucks.)

Sorry for the poor grammar and thank you!

We have checked with the latest version of the MX Player with the latest version of the chrome. MX Player is listed properly when the MTS file link is clicked. In our tests, Firefox has shown the similar issue as Firefox uses standard mime types.

Kindly check it again with chrome.
If you prefer Firefox, assign a video mime (like video/mp2ts) for mts extension on your server. Then it will also work.
20th July 2017, 05:35 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Seoul
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirumalai.K

We have checked with the latest version of the MX Player with the latest version of the chrome. MX Player is listed properly when the MTS file link is clicked. In our tests, Firefox has shown the similar issue as Firefox uses standard mime types.

Kindly check it again with chrome.
If you prefer Firefox, assign a video mime (like video/mp2ts) for mts extension on your server. Then it will also work.

I have added the mime-type on the server and it worked.
Thank you!

나의 SM-N915S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread