Post Reply Email Thread
2nd November 2017, 05:25 AM |#11  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,036

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drillakilla

Bump

Our developers are working on it. In some devices pass through won't work with third-party implementations.
Looks like MX Player couldn't detect the connection status of HDMI. Does it work with any other apps?

2nd November 2017, 08:09 AM |#12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirumalai.K

Our developers are working on it. In some devices pass through won't work with third-party implementations.
Looks like MX Player couldn't detect the connection status of HDMI. Does it work with any other apps?

Passthrough does work but only in HW mode. Not software or hw plus
2nd November 2017, 10:44 AM |#13  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:

Passthrough does work but only in HW mode. Not software or hw plus

Because, HW decoder uses mediaplayer function implemented on Android itself. Pass through is automatically done by the system. HW+ & SW are MX player's implementations. If it can't detect HDMI, it may not be able to pass the audio.

Our developers are investigating about it. We will try our best to improve the same.

Does any other app work with audio pass through? I suspect it's a limitation from the box.
2nd November 2017, 11:06 AM |#14  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirumalai.K

Because, HW decoder uses mediaplayer function implemented on Android itself. Pass through is automatically done by the system. HW+ & SW are MX player's implementations. If it can't detect HDMI, it may not be able to pass the audio.

Our developers are investigating about it. We will try our best to improve the same.

Does any other app work with audio pass through? I suspect it's a limitation from the box.

Thanks for the help. Only other player I have tried is vlc and doesn't seem to have passthrough working. Would Netflix count? If it was a limitation from box wouldn't that mean hw would not work with passthrough? I find it a little confusing. Or is hw still software passthrough only programmed by android, mx player feature still does not work for all systems?

Could it be the hdmi cable? High speed etc? I think I may be using a newer cable.
5th November 2017, 10:00 PM |#15  
OP Junior Member

More
Any other help you can recommend?
15th November 2017, 08:22 PM |#16  
OP Junior Member

More
Bump
16th November 2017, 04:24 AM |#17  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:

Thanks for the help. Only other player I have tried is vlc and doesn't seem to have passthrough working. Would Netflix count? If it was a limitation from box wouldn't that mean hw would not work with passthrough? I find it a little confusing. Or is hw still software passthrough only programmed by android, mx player feature still does not work for all systems?

Could it be the hdmi cable? High speed etc? I think I may be using a newer cable.

I have just answered for the similar question on another thread.

HW decoder is using mediaplayer implementation which is built on the system itself. Audio passthrough is done by the system itself. But, Third-party apps mostly depend on the APIs provided by android. They can't directly access the hardware. MX Player will try to detect the capability of the HDMI receiver. If it's not supported or not reporting properly, then Audio pass-through won't be used.
23rd November 2017, 08:47 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
On my android tv ac3 5.1 is not working.
I dont know where is the pass through setting, or it's automatic, but it's not working.
In archos player/kodi/spmc I could find the pass through setting, and it's work.
Am I do something wrong, or I have to wait for the developers?
24th November 2017, 09:26 AM |#19  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by legelek

On my android tv ac3 5.1 is not working.
I dont know where is the pass through setting, or it's automatic, but it's not working.
In archos player/kodi/spmc I could find the pass through setting, and it's work.
Am I do something wrong, or I have to wait for the developers?

After playing a sample file, can you collect a bug report a from MX Player help menu and share with us?
27th November 2017, 11:20 PM |#20  
OP Junior Member

More
Any progress?
28th November 2017, 08:37 AM |#21  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:

Any progress?

Kindly do not bump the threads every time. It won't help us in any way. If MX Player does not receive HDMI connected intent, it may not be able to pass through the audio. I have already clearly explained why it's working with HW.

If it's working with any other apps let us know. As it's not working with any other app, it's could be your device limitation.
There are so many Android TV devices & not all of them supports pass through. Until or unless we have proper logs, we can't identify the issue.

The issue reported by @legelek might be different as it works with others. Some HDMI devices do not report the supported decoders. It might be due to failure to identify the decoders supported by the HDMI device. We can confirm it only after looking at the logs.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)