Post Reply Email Thread
28th November 2017, 08:37 AM |#21  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,036

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drillakilla

Any progress?

Kindly do not bump the threads every time. It won't help us in any way. If MX Player does not receive HDMI connected intent, it may not be able to pass through the audio. I have already clearly explained why it's working with HW.

If it's working with any other apps let us know. As it's not working with any other app, it's could be your device limitation.
There are so many Android TV devices & not all of them supports pass through. Until or unless we have proper logs, we can't identify the issue.

The issue reported by @legelek might be different as it works with others. Some HDMI devices do not report the supported decoders. It might be due to failure to identify the decoders supported by the HDMI device. We can confirm it only after looking at the logs.

10th December 2017, 01:01 AM |#22  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have an idea, is there a custom codec that retains audio as is and no decompressing or doensampling to stereo ? That may be the best way to emulate a passthrough, so I would choose SW decoder and the codec will keep audio as is ?
Yesterday, 06:33 AM |#23  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,036

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drillakilla

I have an idea, is there a custom codec that retains audio as is and no decompressing or doensampling to stereo ? That may be the best way to emulate a passthrough, so I would choose SW decoder and the codec will keep audio as is ?

Custom Codec is a simple ffmpeg library configured for MX Player.
Other functions are controlled by the MX Player.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)