FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

MX Player Custom Codec [DTS & AC3 Support]

5,603 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,754

By USBhost, Recognized Contributor on 19th February 2013, 07:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
https://github.com/USBhost/FFmpeg the source where im building from
You can download them here( Google Drive ) or here( XDA )

INSTRUCTIONS
1. Check which version you need by going to Settings/Decoder/General
in the Custom Codec tab it will tell you which one is needed (x86,tegra2,tegra3,neon).
Note: skip step 1 if your using aio (all in one) version
2. Download the one you need (No need to unzip it)
3. Go back to Settings/Decoder/General
and tap the Custom Codec tab then select the version you downloaded. DONE!

XDA:DevDB Information
MX Player Custom Codec, Tool/Utility for the MX Player

Contributors
USBhost

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.8.6

Created 2017-01-27
Last Updated 2017-03-08
The Following 1,503 Users Say Thank You to USBhost For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift USBhost Ad-Free

19th February 2013, 07:53 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag u:r:usbhost:s0

More
Removed...
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to USBhost For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift USBhost Ad-Free
19th February 2013, 07:53 PM |#3  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag u:r:usbhost:s0

More
reserved
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to USBhost For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift USBhost Ad-Free
19th February 2013, 07:53 PM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Tamilnadu
Thanks Meter: 3,930

More
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :

What's the difference between MX Player Codec Packs on Google Play and Custom Codec?
MX Player Codec Pack not only contains ffmpeg library, It contains many other libraries required to work properly. If you download MX Player from Google Play mostly it will contain the required libraries according to your device architecture. You have to install codec packs from Google Play only if MX Player asks to install. Custom codec is just a modified version of the ffmpeg library used in MX Player. It's modified to include support DTS/Dolby(ac3) audio tracks. So, Codec Pack is mandatory if MX Player asks to install it. Custom Codec is optional and It's required only if you want to play the videos with DTS & Dolby (AC3) audio tacks

Why Custom Codec is not updated even though MX Player is updated?
In Many occasions MX Player may updated without any changes to ffmpeg library. So, Custom Codec will also remain same. The custom codec version required will be directly forced by the player itself. So no need to worry about it. If it's not compatible MX Player will not load at all.

How do I know that my Custom Codec is outdated & needs an update?
Whenever MX Player is updated, It will check the custom codec version loaded. If it's outdated it will show a error message that shows "Custom Codec is out of date. Replace it with the new version". Otherwise there is no need to check this thread for the new Custom Codecs.
The Following 200 Users Say Thank You to Thirumalai.K For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Thirumalai.K Ad-Free
20th February 2013, 04:39 AM |#5  
Flag Lyon
Thanks Meter: 116

More
Thanks man!
I was looking for that!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to N@th_OC For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift N@th_OC Ad-Free
21st February 2013, 02:16 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 173

More
Thanks. Will try it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rkmiks For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rkmiks Ad-Free
23rd February 2013, 07:42 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
This is just what I was looking for. Nice work.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hacktock For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hacktock Ad-Free
23rd February 2013, 09:09 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Re: MX Player Custom Codec With DTS Support [v1.7.11]
Many thanks.

Sent from my Sensation using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to remix_88 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift remix_88 Ad-Free
23rd February 2013, 10:19 PM |#9  
San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 553

Donate to Me
More
Great, thanks a ton!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Волк For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Волк Ad-Free
24th February 2013, 07:44 AM |#10  
Flag HEART
Thanks Meter: 289

More
Thumbs up
Watch the movies in mx player 1080p mkv format with DTS audio and 5.1 audio track.My mobile is moto defy arm v7 1.1GHz
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ela1103 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ela1103 Ad-Free
25th February 2013, 05:15 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Exclamation new version
Unfortunately Ive just installed new 1.7.12..... so not working..... Wait for ktsamy
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to maysider For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift maysider Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mxplayer custom codec dts ffmpeg

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)