MX Player Custom Codec [DTS Support]

5,812 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,129

By USBhost, Recognized Contributor on 19th February 2013, 07:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th May 2017, 08:57 PM |#1991  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Ok, before any more people start to advertise their inability to read between the lines, I'll lay it out (although normally the words "this" and "thread" put together, do ring a bell in most people):

my question was not asking what it seemed, it was an indirect way of saying

o f f t o p i c !

(since ads are not generated by the codec, discussions about ads in *this thread* are off topic)

Hope everyone gets it now..

15th May 2017, 09:20 PM |#1992  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,697

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPa

Ok, before any more people start to advertise their inability to read between the lines, I'll lay it out (although normally the words "this" and "thread" put together, do ring a bell in most people):

my question was not asking what it seemed, it was an indirect way of saying

o f f t o p i c !

(since ads are not generated by the codec, discussions about ads in *this thread* are off topic)

Hope everyone gets it now..

Maybe more people got it than you think . Seemed to me that O was crediting your pithy reply about thread topicality. Careening back on topic....

I'm a bit confused (in spite of having read and searched) about the 1.8.6.1 version. The downloaded zip mx_neon.zip under 1.8.6.1 contains v1.8.6 as does the previous one I was using, mx_Neon_1.8.6.zip, and they are the same size. The precise version does not really matter to me and I can play all the videos I need to in MX 1.8.21 (which may be because of the resolution of the licensing issues) but I'm curious about the difference in version #s of the custom codec. What have I missed? This may be a silly question but at least it's on topic .
The Following User Says Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
15th May 2017, 09:47 PM |#1993  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronTechmonkey

Maybe more people got it than you think . Seemed to me that O was crediting your pithy reply about thread topicality.

I'm sure it rang a bell with most people as I say, I trust humanity in the long run
As for O yes it could be, hence my edit.

Ok, I am now open for off topic flames against me..
15th May 2017, 09:57 PM |#1994  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPa

Ok, I am now open for off topic flames against me..

LOL, I've no desire to go there... but I am fishing for information about the custom codec version differences.
16th May 2017, 05:26 AM |#1995  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvalidDNA

I am facing some issues with x86 devices when loading custom codec 1.8.6 from @USBhost on MX Player 1.8.20 . So, I have made my own custom codecs from the latest sources (1.8.6.1) from the official website. If any one has similar issues like mine, you may try my codec .

Quote:

when loading custom codec on a x86 device, it will just restart the device & show an error. then will restart again & will unload the codec. the file is not corrupted as same codecs works fine with old versions of the player.

it looks like something has changed recently on ffmpeg side which affects custom codec loading on some specific devices.
Probably it could be the reason for the release of ffmpeg sources with a minor incremental version number 1.8.6.1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USBhost

o thanks. the source updated, so i will have an update out soon.

EDIT: its all up
Note: this is all that changed https://github.com/USBhost/MX_FFmpeg...ddcf246192e1f8
If you do not have problems there is no need to update.

Quote:

LOL, I've no desire to go there... but I am fishing for information about the custom codec version differences.

I think the informations is there in this thread itself. Just a couple of pages before your post.
Request @USBhost to post some basic info to the OP to avoid such questions.
The Following User Says Thank You to InvalidDNA For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift InvalidDNA Ad-Free
16th May 2017, 05:32 AM |#1996  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:

I think the informations is there in this thread itself. Just a couple of pages before your post.
Request @USBhost to post some basic info to the OP to avoid such questions.

Maybe you have found something I did not even after reading OPs and the last several pages of the thread. Why dont you cite it and provide a link to it or fill in the gaps with a post if you know.

[EDIT]Just to clarify: I did see your previous report about v1.8.6.1 and alternatives (thank you BTW) and the subsequent commit for x86, as well as a different reply about a problem with the name, but nothing explaining why 1.8.6 is filed under 1.8.6.1.
16th May 2017, 06:09 AM |#1997  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag u:r:usbhost:s0

Donate to Me
More
To explain why I can't call the file 1.8.6.1
Is because MX player expects the Name 1.8.6 or it won't load the codec.
AKA those errors on my first upload people where having.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to USBhost For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift USBhost Ad-Free
16th May 2017, 06:26 AM |#1998  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:

Maybe you have found something I did not even after reading OPs and the last several pages of the thread. Why dont you cite it and provide a link to it or fill in the gaps with a post if you know.

[EDIT]Just to clarify: I did see your previous report about v1.8.6.1 and alternatives (thank you BTW) and the subsequent commit for x86, as well as a different reply about a problem with the name, but nothing explaining why 1.8.6 is filed under 1.8.6.1.

Quote:

As far as my understanding from the commits, it doesn't affects the devices except x86. If the developer put 1.8.6.1 as requirement & everyone has to redownload the codecs unnecessarily. So, they might have kept 1.8.6.

in simple words for any non x86 devices, custom codec 1.8.6 = custom codec 1.8.6.1
The Following User Says Thank You to InvalidDNA For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift InvalidDNA Ad-Free
16th May 2017, 06:32 AM |#1999  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag u:r:usbhost:s0

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

As far as my understanding from the commits, it doesn't affects the devices except x86. If the developer put 1.8.6.1 as requirement & everyone has to redownload the codecs unnecessarily. So, they might have kept 1.8.6.

in simple words for any non x86 devices, custom codec 1.8.6 = custom codec 1.8.6.1

Bingo!
The Following User Says Thank You to USBhost For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift USBhost Ad-Free
16th May 2017, 07:13 AM |#2000  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:

Thanks for the explanation, and for the codec.

With the codec MX Player is in a unique class of plays-all-media apps the likes of which I've only seen on PCs in VLC or with K-lite.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
24th May 2017, 09:52 PM |#2001  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
download link?
Where can I download it? There is no link in the inital post!?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mxplayer custom codec dts ffmpeg

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)