FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

MX Player Custom Codec [AC3,DTS,MLP,TRUEHD, etc..]

5,975 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,664

By USBhost, Recognized Contributor on 19th February 2013, 07:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from USBhost: If you get AC3 problems redownload 1.9.18.2. everyone who downloaded the first release had broken AC3.
31st July 2017, 05:35 AM |#2091  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,077

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlopez83

Mx player is the best for everything except. 1080p on my LG v20. Any suggestions? Is it codecs?

Can you specify your issue in detail along with the steps to reproduce the issue?
Without knowing the issue, It will be very difficult to provide the proper solution.

It will better if you can collect a bug report immediately after the issue & share here.

1st August 2017, 10:35 AM |#2092  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
thanks
nice work thanks
1st August 2017, 11:17 AM |#2093  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Maybe a stupid question but is the codec imported to MX Player so I can remove the file on my device afterwards?
1st August 2017, 12:04 PM |#2094  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xophile

Maybe a stupid question but is the codec imported to MX Player so I can remove the file on my device afterwards?

Yes
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EPa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift EPa Ad-Free
1st August 2017, 04:36 PM |#2095  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPa

Yes

Thanks! Much appreciated!
2nd August 2017, 01:49 AM |#2096  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks Meter: 5,709

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPa

Yes

Hmmm... I didn't know that. I thought I had to keep it on my phone for MX Player to use.
2nd August 2017, 03:31 AM |#2097  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Halifax
Thanks Meter: 27,167

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazzMatt

Hmmm... I didn't know that. I thought I had to keep it on my phone for MX Player to use.

You do have to keep it. No idea what they're talking about.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd August 2017, 07:17 AM |#2098  

More
I download a free AC3-sample yesterday. Couldn't play it at first, then I imported the custom codec and it played fine. I then deleted the codec from my phone and it still played fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to Xophile For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Xophile Ad-Free
2nd August 2017, 02:25 PM |#2099  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta, Georgia

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I download a free AC3-sample yesterday. Couldn't play it at first, then I imported the custom codec and it played fine. I then deleted the codec from my phone and it still played fine.

As of April 2017, MX Player no longer needs custom codec for AC3. So, that proves nothing -- playing an AC3 file without custom codec on your Android device... I don't know why your AC3 file didn't play, but you probably did something wrong?

Delete your custom codec and then try playing a DTS file? That is what still needs custom codec.
---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfX

I can't seem to find an answer anywhere, so can someone on this thread please tell me if the custom codec is necessary for the DTS playback in the PAID MX player version (the 'pro') as well?

I'd really like to get an MX player version i could simply have installed with an auto-updates enabled, but without the chance of the next update breaking the codec compatibility over and over again.

This custom codec thing being necessary, while seemingly a minor inconvenience, becomes really annoying while paired with auto updates.

The only difference between the free and "Pro" (paid) is the lack of ads. Neither version plays DTS files without custom codec. On the Google Play store page for the Pro version they say there's no other functional difference between the two and urge you to try the free version before buying the Pro version.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ayer.pro&hl=en
Quote:

MX Player Pro

This is the Ad-Free version of MX Player.

There is no functional limitations in free version
. Kindly try the free version first before purchasing the Pro version.

2nd August 2017, 08:50 PM |#2100  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazzMatt

Delete your custom codec and then try playing a DTS file?

Exactly. Very easy for anyone to try. Did you?

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

You don't. See above.
2nd August 2017, 09:16 PM |#2101  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta, Georgia

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPa

Exactly. Very easy for anyone to try. Did you?

The burden is actually on YOU to prove that, not me. I'm not the one saying you can delete the custom codec file and play DTS files. I'm keeping it and not wasting time. If you can prove it and provide screenshots, etc. then have at it.

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPa

You don't. See above.

"See above" doesn't prove a thing. The guy played an AC3 file, which easily plays without custom codec (as of April 2017). It's DTS files which still can't play without custom codec file.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChazzMatt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ChazzMatt Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mxplayer custom codec dts ffmpeg

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)