2nd August 2017, 09:16 PM |#2101  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks Meter: 6,860

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPa

Exactly. Very easy for anyone to try. Did you?

The burden is actually on YOU to prove that, not me. I'm not the one saying you can delete the custom codec file and play DTS files. I'm keeping it and not wasting time. If you can prove it and provide screenshots, etc. then have at it.

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

You do have to keep it. No idea what they're talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPa

You don't. See above.

"See above" doesn't prove a thing. The guy played an AC3 file, which easily plays without custom codec (as of April 2017). It's DTS files which still can't play without custom codec file.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChazzMatt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ChazzMatt Ad-Free

2nd August 2017, 09:30 PM |#2102  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
See above as in "try for yourself" not as in "the other guy managed to play ac3".

You are funny. You say you will waste no time to rename or move a file to a different directory, yet spent more time writing the post that says that. And need screenshots and proof for something you can check yourself.

And we should all take the word of a supposedly some kind of master instead of simply renaming or moving a file and seeing for ourselves.

Speechless..
2nd August 2017, 09:52 PM |#2103  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta, Georgia

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

You do have to keep it. No idea what they're talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPa

You don't. See above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPa

See above as in "try for yourself" not as in "the other guy managed to play ac3".

You two are funny. One says he had no time to rename or move a file to a different directory, yet spent more time writing the post that says that. And needs screenshots and proof for something he can check himself.

And the other says we should all take the word of the first one (supposedly some kind of master) instead of simply renaming or moving a file and seeing for ourselves.

Speechless..

So, "see above" wasn't referencing any proof? What was it referencing then? Just you saying it the first time? No matter how many times you say it, doesn't make it true.
2nd August 2017, 10:08 PM |#2104  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPa

Exactly. Very easy for anyone to try. Did you?

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

You don't. See above.

*That* see above. The one that says it's very easy for anyone to try. The DTS thing.

You want me to prove something you can check yourself in about a minute? That's lazy.

Whatever man, believe what you want. If you choose to believe instead of knowing it's your prerogative.
2nd August 2017, 10:53 PM |#2105  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Halifax
Thanks Meter: 27,765

Donate to Me
More
Please don't throw my weight around like that, I don't. In fact please edit your posts to remove that.

Also please don't put words in my mouth - at no point did I say I didn't have time to rename the file and check. Actually, I attempted to look into it yesterday and renamed my codec file. Looked in the MX settings again and it still shows the old path for the custom codec, so it's unclear whether it unpacks it to the /data/data directory for the app or not.

Perhaps the OP (or the lurking official MX dev ) can weigh in.
3rd August 2017, 12:08 AM |#2106  

More
Quote:

Please don't throw my weight around like that, I don't. In fact please edit your posts to remove that.

I take it you're referring to ChazzMatt. If you're referring to me please be more specific.

Quote:

Also please don't put words in my mouth - at no point did I say I didn't have time to rename the file and check.

You're right about that, sorry. It was ChazzMatt who wrote he wouldn't waste time when I proposed he tried himself. Will edit my post.

Quote:

Actually, I attempted to look into it yesterday and renamed my codec file. Looked in the MX settings again and it still shows the old path for the custom codec, so it's unclear whether it unpacks it to the /data/data directory for the app or not.

Yes that's unclear. What is not, is whether it needs it, if it can still play DTS after renaming. Can it?
If yes, what made you say it is needed?

Quote:

Perhaps the OP (or the lurking official MX dev ) can weigh in.

Surely.
The Following User Says Thank You to EPa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift EPa Ad-Free
3rd August 2017, 12:14 AM |#2107  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta, Georgia

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Edited.

I know you don't throw your weight around. I was just explaining why I and others would respect your statement on the workings of an Android app -- unless definite proof to the contrary was offered otherwise.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChazzMatt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ChazzMatt Ad-Free
3rd August 2017, 12:27 AM |#2108  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Halifax
Thanks Meter: 27,765

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPa

Yes that's unclear. What is not, is whether it needs it, if it can still play DTS after renaming. Can it?
If yes, what made you say it is needed.

Based on the way it still shows and appeared tied to the sdcard codec filename, and how when the selected codec becomes too old it then empties out that saved path in the Decoder settings.

If you can link to a DTS file I'll happily test. Otherwise I'm content to wait for OP or official MX dev rather than drag this on.
3rd August 2017, 12:58 AM |#2109  

More
A dts only movie would suffice and find hard to believe you can't get your hands on one (unless I misunderstood you about that link to a DTS file).

Anyway, I tested. Before answering I tested on three different devices each with a different android version. Installed was the last version of the free MX player and the custom codec from this thread.
I deleted the codec, mx still played dts, on all three devices.
Then went the extra mile of deleting mx's cache, dts still played.

If not something extra strange happens, like mx caching the libffmpeg for a day or a week and then ditching it for some obscure reason and then rechecking and re-decompressing the codec, the answer is clear.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EPa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift EPa Ad-Free
3rd August 2017, 04:16 AM |#2110  
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 822

More
DL Sample Here:
Dolby 3D Movie Return Trailer Flat 3D (2D) 1080p DTS-HD MA 5.1 (28.99 MB) https://mega.nz/#!zIoQHI6C!4hYTWgYuC...Mr0Lm5tB4ArwNA

DTS will not work without loading codec.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170802-221339.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	4231064   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170802-221531.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	4231065  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dynospectrum For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dynospectrum Ad-Free
3rd August 2017, 01:38 PM |#2111  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynospectrum

DL Sample Here:
Dolby 3D Movie Return Trailer Flat 3D (2D) 1080p DTS-HD MA 5.1 (28.99 MB) https://mega.nz/#!zIoQHI6C!4hYTWgYuC...Mr0Lm5tB4ArwNA

DTS will not work without loading codec.

Of course it won't play without the codec. Question is whether it will play after having loaded the codec once and then deleted it (the zip file).

I downloaded your sample and it plays fine for me (I have deleted the codec zip file since yesterday).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mxplayer custom codec dts ffmpeg

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)