By USBhost, Recognized Contributor on 19th February 2013, 07:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd August 2017, 01:38 PM |#2111  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynospectrum

DL Sample Here:
Dolby 3D Movie Return Trailer Flat 3D (2D) 1080p DTS-HD MA 5.1 (28.99 MB) https://mega.nz/#!zIoQHI6C!4hYTWgYuC...Mr0Lm5tB4ArwNA

DTS will not work without loading codec.

Of course it won't play without the codec. Question is whether it will play after having loaded the codec once and then deleted it (the zip file).

I downloaded your sample and it plays fine for me (I have deleted the codec zip file since yesterday).

3rd August 2017, 09:26 PM |#2112  
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 822

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPa

Of course it won't play without the codec. Question is whether it will play after having loaded the codec once and then deleted it (the zip file).

I downloaded your sample and it plays fine for me (I have deleted the codec zip file since yesterday).

I can confirm this. The codec gets loaded in MX Player cache/data. If you clear it, you won't be able to play the file. Nothing surprising.
The Following User Says Thank You to dynospectrum For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dynospectrum Ad-Free
3rd August 2017, 10:08 PM |#2113  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks Meter: 6,835

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I can confirm this. The codec gets loaded in MX Player cache/data. If you clear it, you won't be able to play the file. Nothing surprising.

So
  • in TWRP custom recovery if we clear caches (which I do about once per week) or
  • in Titanium Backup if we "clear cache for user and system apps"(which I do occasionally),
then DTS files won't play because the cache reference is gone AND you've deleted the custom codec off the device.

So, you would only want to delete the custom codec if you never wipe your caches?
3rd August 2017, 11:40 PM |#2114  
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 822

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazzMatt

So
in TWRP custom recovery if we clear caches (which I do about once per week) or
in Titanium Backup if we "clear cache for user and system apps"(which I do occasionally)
then DTS files won't play because the cache reference is gone AND you've deleted the custom codec off the device.

So, you would only want to delete the custom codec if you never wipe your caches?

Correct. But why would anyone delete the zip to begin with lol...
The Following User Says Thank You to dynospectrum For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dynospectrum Ad-Free
4th August 2017, 02:17 AM |#2115  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks Meter: 6,835

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Correct. But why would anyone delete the zip to begin with lol...

I'm not the one to ask.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChazzMatt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ChazzMatt Ad-Free
4th August 2017, 05:17 PM |#2116  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Excuse me, when i'm trying to install the codec i downloaded from this thread (mx_neon.zip), it does not detect the codec i'm trying to install. what should i do now? Should i reinstall my MX player?
Codec not found
I'm using Asus Zenfone 3 max 5.5 (ZC553KL - ARM V7 Neon)
5th August 2017, 10:07 PM |#2118  
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Only SW Decoding of OPUS files on _some_ devices?
I have three phones, all using MX Player with the ARMv7 Neon Codec, version 1.9.0.

Two of my phones can play .OPUS files with HW decoding...

1) Moto X 2015 (XT1575)
Marshmallow 6.0
2) LG Google Nexus 4 (E960)
Lollipop 5.1
stock rooted w/ LTE Modem + XPosed AdBlock
**NO** custom recovery installed
However, my third phone, while it can play .OPUS files, its only via SW decoding...

3) Moto X 2013 Verizon Developer Edition (XT1060 DE)
Lollipop 5.1
...Two questions :

1) Is the inability to play .OPUS files (via HW decoding) on the XT1060 DE truly a hardware limitation?
If not, would you please advise?
2) If so, will playback via SW decoding cause the suffer to suffer significant battery drain?

I ask in the hope of making the XT1060 DE my daily driver. This phone lacks an SD Card expansion slot, so, space for local music playback comes at a premium.

Thank you!
6th August 2017, 06:52 PM |#2119  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zloveasia

Excuse me, when i'm trying to install the codec i downloaded from this thread (mx_neon.zip), it does not detect the codec i'm trying to install. what should i do now? Should i reinstall my MX player?

I'm using Asus Zenfone 3 max 5.5 (ZC553KL - ARM V7 Neon)

What's your player version
7th August 2017, 10:43 AM |#2120  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaleenag

What's your player version

Currently 1.8.21 (ARMv7 Neon)
1.8.21 (ARMv7 Neon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedidk

#zloveasia

Try version 1.8.6.1 Or version 1.8.6

thanks, man. 1.8.6 still able to work. but i confuse why the latest won't work on my mx player. maybe i should go for a pro version
7th August 2017, 11:45 AM |#2121  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
The last version will only work if you use version 1.9.3
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mxplayer custom codec dts ffmpeg

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)