Thanks Meter: 6,725

By USBhost, Recognized Contributor on 19th February 2013, 07:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th March 2018, 11:29 PM |#2241  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Uninstall
Guys

I need to uninstall and reinstall the codec since it's not working at all anymore. It still shows in the about Mx player page but I can't find where to uninstall? Also on custom codec I try to select use default but nothing changes. Even tried uninstalling and reinstalling MX player but it's still there.

thx

bob
The Following User Says Thank You to steelgtr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift steelgtr Ad-Free

10th March 2018, 11:30 PM |#2242  
Thanks Meter: 79

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelgtr

Guys

I need to uninstall and reinstall the codec since it's not working at all anymore. It still shows in the about Mx player page but I can't find where to uninstall? Also on custom codec I try to select use default but nothing changes. Even tried uninstalling and reinstalling MX player but it's still there.

thx

bob

Uninstall? If you downloaded the zip file, just find it and delete it.
11th March 2018, 12:12 AM |#2243  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid32

Uninstall? If you downloaded the zip file, just find it and delete it.

So it looks for it each time? Mine is on a thumb drive so just remove the drive?

thx
11th March 2018, 12:31 AM |#2244  
Flag Santa Cruz
Thanks Meter: 70

More
I can confirm that codec 1.9.8 works fine with MX 1.19.17. Anyone who is having problems is either not installing it correctly, using the wrong one, (so read the earlier threads) or has a problem specific to their phone.
Again, simply place the zipped codec file in memory & start MX. It will detect & apply it automatically. There is no problem with the codecs working (or MX for that matter).
11th March 2018, 01:11 AM |#2245  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm831

I can confirm that codec 1.9.8 works fine with MX 1.19.17. Anyone who is having problems is either not installing it correctly, using the wrong one, (so read the earlier threads) or has a problem specific to their phone.
Again, simply place the zipped codec file in memory & start MX. It will detect & apply it automatically. There is no problem with the codecs working (or MX for that matter).

Where do mean Memory? I have a Beelink Android TV box and "installed" it from a usb drive. Removing the drive does not clear the Codec still showing in about?

---------- Post added at 01:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

Well I copied it to the root of the box, pointed the custom codec to it, it saw it an d said it would restart the player, it did and still no DD playback. Tried SW, HW and HW+ many times. Ironically VLC will play a the same known 5.1 fine with the DD showing on the receiver.
I give up for now.

thx

bob
11th March 2018, 03:11 AM |#2246  
Thanks Meter: 79

More
Quote:

So it looks for it each time? Mine is on a thumb drive so just remove the drive?

thx

Copy the zip to your system. If usb isn't readable you will get issues.
11th March 2018, 03:13 AM |#2247  
Flag Santa Cruz
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Quote:

Where do mean Memory? I have a Beelink Android TV box and "installed" it from a usb drive. Removing the drive does not clear the Codec still showing in about?

---------- Post added at 01:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

Well I copied it to the root of the box, pointed the custom codec to it, it saw it an d said it would restart the player, it did and still no DD playback. Tried SW, HW and HW+ many times. Ironically VLC will play a the same known 5.1 fine with the DD showing on the receiver.
I give up for now.

thx

bob

You got me there. Your setup is beyond what I could test. Hopefully someone w/better equipment (or knowledge!) can figure a workaround for you. Might also want to check other threads (MX, etc) or Google+ (or Reddit, which has a lot of tech guys posting). Good luck, sir.
12th March 2018, 12:55 AM |#2248  

More
Should the "about" section still show the codec "Neon Arm 7" sp) even though the zip file is removed from the system and even after a reinstall?
12th March 2018, 07:44 PM |#2249  
Flag pune
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by USBhost

https://github.com/USBhost/MX_FFmpeg the source where im building from
You can download them here( Google Drive ) or here( XDA )

INSTRUCTIONS
1. Check which version you need by going to Settings/Decoder/General
in the Custom Codec tab it will tell you which one is needed (x86,tegra2,tegra3,neon).
Note: skip step 1 if your using aio (all in one) version
2. Download the one you need (No need to unzip it)
3. Go back to Settings/Decoder/General
and tap the Custom Codec tab then select the version you downloaded. DONE!

XDA:DevDB Information
MX Player Custom Codec, Tool/Utility for the MX Player

Contributors
USBhost

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.9.0

Created 2017-01-27
Last Updated 2017-07-13

This is awesome work.
12th March 2018, 08:10 PM |#2250  
Thanks Meter: 568

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skhekare

This is awesome work.

Was it really need to quote the ENTIRE OP just to a one-liner reply?

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk
13th March 2018, 06:49 PM |#2251  
Thanks Meter: 0

Donate to Me
More
What happen

Used Android TV on MX player. Videos 4K with HDR - DTS got shutter ?

I dunno a lot of fix and not work again shutter, a another video 4k fine... this strange..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mxplayer custom codec dts ffmpeg

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)