FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

MX Player Custom Codec [AC3,DTS,MLP,TRUEHD, etc..]

5,985 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,729
 
By USBhost, Recognized Contributor on 19th February 2013, 07:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th March 2018, 06:49 PM |#2251  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
Donate to Me
More
What happen

Used Android TV on MX player. Videos 4K with HDR - DTS got shutter ?

I dunno a lot of fix and not work again shutter, a another video 4k fine... this strange..
 
 
13th March 2018, 07:11 PM |#2252  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
Hi
I have Philips on android tv - installed mx player (pro also) and Neon v7 plugin but there is no dd5.1 or DTS passthrough to my Pioneer VSX 420 Amplituner (thru optical cable). Do i have to change something in audio settings? software decoding? I tried AIO zip but no change.
KODI is working quite nice but there is no DTS passthrough, and sometimes on some movies it is shuttering VIDEO. Default system player is unable to change picture proportions and it is always fullscreen stretched.
Best for now is Archos Video Player - passthrough dd5.1, smooth video playback - but still no dts

Any hints?
The Following User Says Thank You to Hagis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hagis Ad-Free
14th March 2018, 12:25 PM |#2253  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,107
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagis

Hi
I have Philips on android tv - installed mx player (pro also) and Neon v7 plugin but there is no dd5.1 or DTS passthrough to my Pioneer VSX 420 Amplituner (thru optical cable). Do i have to change something in audio settings? software decoding? I tried AIO zip but no change.
KODI is working quite nice but there is no DTS passthrough, and sometimes on some movies it is shuttering VIDEO. Default system player is unable to change picture proportions and it is always fullscreen stretched.
Best for now is Archos Video Player - passthrough dd5.1, smooth video playback - but still no dts

Any hints?

MX Player's current implementation detects the capability of the connected audio receiver & uses the audio pass through only if the capability is reported. We will improve it in future to force allow audio pass through.
The Following User Says Thank You to Thirumalai.K For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Thirumalai.K Ad-Free
14th March 2018, 03:43 PM |#2254  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
That will be great. I think that MX player (i bought PRO) is one of the best players -always smooth and very easy to use, so when some Archos could do this that You can too
15th March 2018, 06:58 PM |#2255  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 62
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by casperpl

What happen

Used Android TV on MX player. Videos 4K with HDR - DTS got shutter ?

I dunno a lot of fix and not work again shutter, a another video 4k fine... this strange..

What android box are you using? Because most of them can output to 4k but arnt really optimized to play 4k media
16th March 2018, 03:08 PM |#2256  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by huffmybrd

What android box are you using? Because most of them can output to 4k but arnt really optimized to play 4k media

used TV TCL U55P6046 with Android TV.
20th March 2018, 03:42 PM |#2257  
Senior Member
Flag Novosibirsk
Thanks Meter: 247
 
More
To USBhost: MX Player 1.9.18.2 requires new library. when will you compile it?
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to OsitKP For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift OsitKP Ad-Free
20th March 2018, 07:31 PM |#2258  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 45
 
More
Please update custom codec
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dhruvdave For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dhruvdave Ad-Free
20th March 2018, 10:49 PM |#2259  
gorman42's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
Just tried this with my new Mediapad M5. All works fine. Thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to gorman42 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gorman42 Ad-Free
22nd March 2018, 12:40 AM |#2260  
USBhost's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag u:r:usbhost:s0
Thanks Meter: 6,729
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OsitKP

To USBhost: MX Player 1.9.18.2 requires new library. when will you compile it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvdave

Please update custom codec

I will get around to it this week. However if you're not on 1.9.18 it will be useless.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to USBhost For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift USBhost Ad-Free
22nd March 2018, 05:14 AM |#2261  
emonkhan826's Avatar
Member
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Need ARMv7 NEON 😐
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mxplayer custom codec dts ffmpeg

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes