FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Win Honor 9 Lite

MX Player Custom Codec [AC3,DTS,MLP,TRUEHD, etc..]

5,975 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,664

By USBhost, Recognized Contributor on 19th February 2013, 07:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from USBhost: If you get AC3 problems redownload 1.9.18.2. everyone who downloaded the first release had broken AC3.
4th March 2013, 08:59 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Yes, sha1 checked and zip file extracted without errors.

5th March 2013, 02:21 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Re: MX Player Custom Codec With DTS Support [v1.7.13]
Any chance that this will work on a Sony Google TV without root? I pushed the original one with x86, but it always says the codec was installed wrong and closes. Is there a way around that? There are zero stand alone video players available in the Play store.

EDIT: Nope. The problem is that MX Player won't open without the codec already in place. Is it possible to modify the MX Player apk to include the libs? Or can I push them to the right place without root?
6th March 2013, 02:01 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
i'm having the same problem on my tf101 (tegra2).

Can you make an alt version for tegra 2?

Thx
7th March 2013, 04:59 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Which one do I use for the Nexus 7?

Mick
7th March 2013, 09:57 PM |#25  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mick.li

Mick

The first one!

Regards,
Me

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
8th March 2013, 06:46 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ioos

EDIT: Nope. The problem is that MX Player won't open without the codec already in place. Is it possible to modify the MX Player apk to include the libs? Or can I push them to the right place without root?

Any thoughts? I'd really like to get MX Player working on my GTV.
9th March 2013, 12:28 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mick.li

The normal version didn't work for my Nexus 7 but the alternative one is working fine
9th March 2013, 06:52 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up Working 100% mk808 rockchip 3066 dual core

Ktsamy thank you so much for sharing these codecs. I was for some time looking for the solution to my problems and lags gagging on my MX player shot by MK808 mini pc. I installed the latest update from MX1.7.13 and although there decreased the gagging they remained there. After I installed everything changed its codecs including support for DTS audio data. At last, the problems are over!! Now quiet road all my MKV files in 1080p Full HD without any lag and 100% fluid. Congratulations on a great job.
Coming from Brazil Hugs to you all ..... (excuse me for using Google translator - my english is bad)

11th March 2013, 12:56 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Thanks!
For galaxy s i9000 (CM10.1) neon alternative is working.
11th March 2013, 12:57 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thank you also, my Nexus 10 is working with the alternative neon as well. Great work man.
The Following User Says Thank You to CRimsonEagle For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CRimsonEagle Ad-Free
13th March 2013, 01:06 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
So as of Mar 12, for Nexus 10, if I download MX Player from Google Play, install the Neon Alt codec and apply settings as in OP, does this work for anyone? I get errors after trying both versions so wondering if older APK for the player is needed, the .11 version won't install for me.

UPDATE: success
ROM: AOKP 4.2.2
APPS: USB Helper - NTFS works on OTG
MX Player .10 (found on filesharing site) - Used the OP .13 NEON ALT codec, HW (not +) video, SW audio.

So now I can finally just dump my MKV movies on a usb thumb and play them natively with my Nexus 10, thanks to everyone here.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mxplayer custom codec dts ffmpeg

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)