MX Player Custom Codec [AC3,DTS,MLP,TRUEHD, etc..]

Search This thread

as400

Dec 2, 2005
Hi Galaxy Note 4 user here with MX Player Pro 1.9.5(ARMv7 NEON)...how can I get EAC3 to play sound?

tytjay

Sep 5, 2017
Hi, error message after update mx player.
Error message : this video format (rv40) is not supported.

f4stCharge

Sep 11, 2017
Hello,

First of all thanks for everyone's work.

I would like to ask a question: given that in 'Settings/Decoder/General' I see that I should stick with ARMv7 NEON, is there any difference in functionality between ARMv7 NEON-codec J2 Interactive provides in the Play Store, and the mx_neon.zip - if that even is the one I should go with - I can obtain through this site?

Thanks in advance.

I really enjoy MX Player, so I would like to know more about it.

Greetings

Ch3vr0n

May 6, 2009
Yeah, I'd suggest you read the topic title again. DTS support.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

f4stCharge

Sep 11, 2017
Yeah, I'd suggest you read the topic title again. DTS support.

Thanks for the quick reply, but I would like to know what that specific ARMv7 NEON-codec provided by J2 Interactive does in order to know if there is a difference.

(In case you were wondering: I don't know what it does. From it's description I can only make up that it is for ARMv7 NEON CPUs :good:)

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks for the quick reply, but I would like to know what that specific ARMv7 NEON-codec provided by J2 Interactive does in order to know if there is a difference.

(In case you were wondering: I don't know what it does. From it's description I can only make up that it is for ARMv7 NEON CPUs :good:)
This thread includes all codecs from the Play Store + MORE. DTS, WMV, MPEG2, etc.

Recently WMV and MPEG2 seems to have been removed from Play Store codecs, but this thread still has it.

Last edited:
Reactions: MatteoB92

nic85

Feb 5, 2009
Italy
which codec should i use for CPU mediatek? i can see many codecs on the playstore but i don't know which one. or any custom one here? :)

with no codec installed in some videos, the image is messed up.

Ch3vr0n

May 6, 2009
Open mx player, go to decoder and right at the bottom it will tell you what to use.

nic85

Feb 5, 2009
Italy
Open mx player, go to decoder and right at the bottom it will tell you what to use.

thank you. but even with that, I can't reproduce some videos properly. they are in like in slow motion.. and only sw decoder option

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https://github.com/USBhost/MX_FFmpeg is my modified source where i'm building from
    You can download recent codecs here ( GitHub releases ) and 1.35.0-1.8.6 here ( Google Drive ).
    Also the XDA download tab is no longer updated as for some reason I cant remove them.

INSTRUCTIONS
    1. Check which version you need by going to Local Player Settings/Decoder/General
    in the Custom Codec tab it will tell you which one is needed (x86,x86_64,neon,neon64/ARMv8).
    Note: skip step 1 if your using aio (all in one) version
    2. Download the one you need (No need to unzip it)
    3. Go back to Local Player Settings/Decoder/General
    and tap the Custom Codec tab then select the version you downloaded. DONE!
    Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :

What's the difference between MX Player Codec Packs on Google Play and Custom Codec?
    MX Player Codec Pack not only contains ffmpeg library, It contains many other libraries required to work properly. If you download MX Player from Google Play mostly it will contain the required libraries according to your device architecture. You have to install codec packs from Google Play only if MX Player asks to install. Custom codec is just a modified version of the ffmpeg library used in MX Player. It's modified to include support DTS/Dolby(ac3) audio tracks. So, Codec Pack is mandatory if MX Player asks to install it. Custom Codec is optional and It's required only if you want to play the videos with DTS & Dolby (AC3) audio tacks

Why Custom Codec is not updated even though MX Player is updated?
    In Many occasions MX Player may updated without any changes to ffmpeg library. So, Custom Codec will also remain same. The custom codec version required will be directly forced by the player itself. So no need to worry about it. If it's not compatible MX Player will not load at all.

How do I know that my Custom Codec is outdated & needs an update?
    Whenever MX Player is updated, It will check the custom codec version loaded. If it's outdated it will show a error message that shows "Custom Codec is out of date. Replace it with the new version". Otherwise there is no need to check this thread for the new Custom Codecs.
    Custom codecs for 1.9.8
    Update 1.13.0 is up!!!

1.13.0 ARMv8 codec is needed here as well, thank you !

Please, it any chance to get ARMv7 Neon codec for version 1.13 mx player? I have sony TV and its problem with EAC3 :-/ Need codec for this version.

It's up on Google Drive now!!! :angel: neon64 is our ARM64
    However I can't seem to upload them to XDA... I guess Brave does not like flash lol oh well.
    Edit: Its up on XDA as well now.